Nissan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
BIGBULS said:
No you didn't...there's no such thing.

The 5 speed ONLY came on the 5.0L's (305's). They WERE very fast though......almost as fast as the 5.7L autos.
The 92 Z I drove has the 1le race package. Corvette brakes, lighten body, 5 spd, and acouple of other things on it. Very fast in the straights and in the curves. Its sitting in my uncle's garage. And it has a 350 with the t-5 5spd. It was a special option for SCCA racers. My uncle bought the car 5 years ago from a race team who used the car for practice laps. A guy at my work has a 92 RS with the 305 and 5spd tranny.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
tsi200sx said:
Is that Mistu 4g63 the 3.0-liter SOHC V6? That was the engine in the 88 Voyager my parent's used to have (went through 3 sets of headgaskets in 110,000 miles). That same engine was also in my father's 92 LeBaron Sedan, and it was also used in Spirits, Acclaims, Daytonas, Shadows, and the Sundance-based Plymouth Dusters of the early '90s.
No, the 4g63 is a 16valve DOHC 2.0L, same motor used in the 1st gen DSM's and 2nd gen turbo DSM's. His was the only I've ever seen with one. It constantally blew headgaskets and eventually the timing belt broke. The 3.0L SOHC V6 is also used in the Dynasty. A good friend has one. No problems with the motor, just the tranny.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 4g63 is also the motor in the 2nd gen Eclipse, Mirage, and Lancer. It also powers a few Korean cars too. I was told that the Elantra has a version of this motor.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
The elantra uses the 4G67 which is the 1.8 version and it moves my elantra very well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
boost_boy said:
The elantra uses the 4G67 which is the 1.8 version and it moves my elantra very well.
You know what the hp is? Is it similar? Wait a sec the Mirage has the 4g67 too. Sorry

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The 4g67 is rated at 95hp. The 2nd gen DSM's also used the Chrystler 420a motor in the non-turbos. The turbos got the 4g63t

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Mitsubishi has SOHC and DOHC of both the 4G67 and the 4G63. My engine puts out 125hp and think torque is around 118 ft/lbs.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
boost_boy said:
Mitsubishi has SOHC and DOHC of both the 4G67 and the 4G63. My engine puts out 125hp and think torque is around 118 ft/lbs.
The 4g67 is SOHC only. You probibly have a 1.8L version of the 4g63. The 4g67 is a rather weak motor.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
It's jap spec and they are tagged as 4G67 (all of them)!

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Thanks for the clarity. Mitsubishi was never one of the smarter car makers:p

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I don't know about them not being smart, they sure as hell get rich off the other car manufacturers including nissan and possibly is the richest Asian car manufacturer.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Yeah, thats true., but most of their motor are garbage if you forget one small routine maintenace. I can see how they got rich off of dodge and Hyundai, but how Nissan?

·
Registered
75 Posts
boost_boy said:
I don't know about them not being smart, they sure as hell get rich off the other car manufacturers including nissan and possibly is the richest Asian car manufacturer.
Mitsubishi has been around a lot longer the Nissan or Honda.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
They sell all their asses electrical components;) I think they are very smart! And true indeed, forget about that timing belt or don't change the tensioner when changing the belt and you are in for an expensive engine failure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
boost_boy said:
They sell all their asses electrical components;) I think they are very smart! And true indeed, forget about that timing belt or don't change the tensioner when changine the belt and you are in for an expensive engine failure.
Sounds like Hondas, VWs, and BMWs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
nhblk03ser said:
The 92 Z I drove has the 1le race package. Corvette brakes, lighten body, 5 spd, and acouple of other things on it. Very fast in the straights and in the curves. Its sitting in my uncle's garage. And it has a 350 with the t-5 5spd. It was a special option for SCCA racers. My uncle bought the car 5 years ago from a race team who used the car for practice laps. A guy at my work has a 92 RS with the 305 and 5spd tranny.
Hmmm...the info I have (Camaro Technical Database...... http://www.f-body.org/tech/tech.htm ) indicates that NO 1LE 5.7L cars had the 5 speed (from the factory). BUT....... I DO know that the swap is very possible, as the 350ci Chevy crate motors bolt right up to the T-5 as the engine is virtually identical to the 305ci TPI. In fact it's VERY hard to tell them apart at a glance.

Still, whether it's a 5.0L or a 5.7L with a swap, they are VERY fast and handle a LOT better than they are given credit for........fun cars.........just DON'T trailbrake into a corner :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 85 IROCZ has the 305 with the 700r4 and it seems slow to my uncles 92 Z28. I'm on f-body. org too. Not as much as I 'm on here. It could be a swap.

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
yeah boost MONTHLY well in the summer any ways. If you got a prob with that were gonna have to race, you better get a new pair of nikes cause i'm going to smoke you, unless there those boing one then i'm fucked :D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I'm going shopping now;) See you this summer..............

61 - 80 of 110 Posts