Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. I just purchased this vehicle off of ebay. I live locally so I'm going to check out the car before I put a deposit or pay any money for it, but since I won the bid it's fair to assume that the car is mine. car is here

It looks to be in good condition. Can't really tell the condition of a vehicle based on pictures of course.

Anyway my request to anyone out there that sees this.. is there annything in specific that I should pay attention to when I go look at the car. Right now it's my understanding that it doesn't have AC, but when I asked the seller a question he merely stated that it wasn't hooked up. I'm coming from a Honda car where a 3 inch DP automatically meant no AC. Does the same hold true for this swap? And lastly, anyone think I payed too much? :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for all, if any, of your help.

Juan

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks like you got a pretty good deal on the car. No, I don't think you paid too much. I would have paid $5,600 too for a 240 with the swap already done. If you figure the cost of a KA24DET equipped 240 (probably around $2,000) and the cost of a complete swap package (engine, tranny, ecu, harness, maf, ignitor, intercooler, blah blah blah, you're talking 3 or 4 grand right there.) So ya, good deal and it looks like a pretty sweet car. -Paul

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
2Fast2Furious said:
Looks like you got a pretty good deal on the car. No, I don't think you paid too much. I would have paid $5,600 too for a 240 with the swap already done. If you figure the cost of a KA24DET equipped 240 (probably around $2,000) and the cost of a complete swap package (engine, tranny, ecu, harness, maf, ignitor, intercooler, blah blah blah, you're talking 3 or 4 grand right there.) So ya, good deal and it looks like a pretty sweet car. -Paul
I agree! ^ looks like you got yourself a pretty sweet deal on a nice car.
It looks clean, but If I were you before making any commitments, check out the frame, suspension, and brakes.
Make sure the Oil level is good, if it's low it means the engine burns oil!
Check the power steering level and every thing else under the hood.
Get yourself a nice body kit to compliment that front clip, and get a set of Kouki rear tail lights, you're gonna have a nice clean car!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Car looks great for the price the only thing i dont like is the brown interior. That can be fixed easy enough besides that z32 brakes maybe lsd i didnt read if i had that . Then perfection i would take it as is if u dont want it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi well i went to go pick it up. i took video clips of it instead of pics with my phone so I don't have anything I could upload, but the car looks pretty clean. The guy himself self seemed like a cool guy, he remembers me from high school. I went to his family's Thai restaurant where I met his cousin who had done all the work on the car. Real cool people and the guy assured me that if anything was wrong with it that he would fix it for me. He has a supercharged s200 and another guy there has a 550hp evo and they invited me to the local races and shit with them so definitely good people.

The car itself is sweet. The paint isn't perfect, but I won't be needing a paint job any time soon. The suspension is tight, but I didn't want to drive it too hard since it was my first time strapped in. The JIC coilovers really get the job done. Interior and dash are really clean. It has powersteering but no AC. I was told I could just get one from a ka engine? I hope so cause that's first on my list living in miami, fl with the spring coming and all. There was a noise I was a little concerned about but it didn't seem to extreme. I wish I could interpret what it was. The guy couldn't interpret what it was (there was a language barrier him being thai and all) but he told me it would be fixed when i go pick up the car.

Overall I think the car should be good to go. These guys seem like good people who like working on cars.

Now on to the reason for buying the car... :)

I have 500 set aside to run initial tune-up on the car. Just in case.

First things I think I should do (please correct me if my priorities are wrong, or I'm missing something) are fuel pump, safc, and injectors.

With that done it should be a little safer to raise the psi right? So with that said my next stage would include LSD, clutch, and maybe a flywheel (do i even need one?).

I don't know if before that I would need a better turbo and mani though. My long-term goal is 350rwhp. Is that possible with a fairly stock engine? My short term goal is 250.. I know that's fairly reasonable. I'm pretty excited about switching from hondas to nissans! rwd is fun as hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts