Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the clutch is fine 90% of the time and feels like its slipping the other 10 percent. I'm from reno and went down to san jose to pick it up.
I have some vehicle history and the guy I bought it from thought everything was fine. But on the drive home I was in 5th gear and floor it and it just revved at me. and about an hour ago with a friend in my car it was slipping through all gears and I had to park it on the side of the road for a second. Now it's fine like it never happened.
What gives?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
You or the previous owner probably glazed the disc. I would bet the previous owner b/c he was selling it. Dog on the clutch and you will glaze the disc. Drive easy on it for a good 400-500 miles...the glaze should be gone by then. If problem persists, upgrade.
 

·
Power FC Z32
Joined
·
2,147 Posts
So the clutch is fine 90% of the time and feels like its slipping the other 10 percent. I'm from reno and went down to san jose to pick it up.
I have some vehicle history and the guy I bought it from thought everything was fine. But on the drive home I was in 5th gear and floor it and it just revved at me. and about an hour ago with a friend in my car it was slipping through all gears and I had to park it on the side of the road for a second. Now it's fine like it never happened.
What gives?
Do you know if the clutch is brand new? If so there is a break in period of about 500 miles as OldSchool mentioned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he could be right about the glaze, I don't think the clutch is new but don't think it's that old either. I just think I'm getting used to it because the clutch is so high it only needs to be depressed about 1/2 in to work.
thanks guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
yea, if you rode the clutch while getting use to it, you can possibly glaze the disc. Drive her easy for a good 400-500 miles before stomping on it again. Let us know how it holds after that. You can adjust the engagement point on the clutch pedal (usually a bolt you can screw in or screw out).
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top