Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just purchased 2006 manual transmission AWD X-trail. Has 175,000 kms. Female owner since 2009 and did "everything that needed to be done, when it needed to be done". Seems it has been taken very well care of. What would you do if you just bought this, could you get fluids flushed and/or spark plugs changed? I can't see any records of any tune-ups like this, just regular oil changes...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would you mind attaching a photo of your car?
Try to check the wheel and tire as well to find out if there's a need for replacement.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I own an '06 manual as well.
Be prepared for the door mechanisms to freeze if you live in a freeze/thaw area of Canada. Also wheel bearing replacement, exhaust components, front catalytic converter, front/rear strut replacement and cam and crankshaft sensors if not already done. I've changed 3 out of 4 bearings, center exhaust, 4 struts, cam/crank sensors, electronic throttle body and cat in my 3 years of ownership. Also rotors, calipers and pads. I'm at 243,000 km now.
Great car otherwise.

Reactions: quadraria10

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own an '06 manual as well.
Be prepared for the door mechanisms to freeze if you live in a freeze/thaw area of Canada. Also wheel bearing replacement, exhaust components, front catalytic converter, front/rear strut replacement and cam and crankshaft sensors if not already done. I've changed 3 out of 4 bearings, center exhaust, 4 struts, cam/crank sensors, electronic throttle body and cat in my 3 years of ownership. Also rotors, calipers and pads. I'm at 243,000 km now.
Great car otherwise.
Sounds like some expensive repairs.. Yes, I live in the Yukon so my doors will definitely freeze. Any tricks you used to keep the mechanisms working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you mind attaching a photo of your car?
Try to check the wheel and tire as well to find out if there's a need for replacement.
I don't pick it up until Friday.. Wheels are old steelies, looking worse for wear. Tires are 2-year-old winters (Bridgestone I think). Will get a much more detailed look on Friday.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like some expensive repairs.. Yes, I live in the Yukon so my doors will definitely freeze. Any tricks you used to keep the mechanisms working?
Not really. You can open the doors but you have to lock them to stay shut. Then you have to drive far enough for the interior to get nice and warm for a while and they will thaw out. Usually at least one door will work and you may have to do some serious contortions to climb from the rear to front seats if they don't thaw out. If you had a small electric heater plugged in inside the car they would likely work.
It only happens when you have a warm spell usually with a bit of wet snow or rain and then a freeze up.

P.S. What's the asking price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts