Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just a Nissan mystery on how to remove the alternator on a 95 Sentra. Books are no help and so is the general web, sure would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
dholmes said:
Hello Everyone,

Just a Nissan mystery on how to remove the alternator on a 95 Sentra. Books are no help and so is the general web, sure would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks
Take off the passenger wheel and the altinator should b located in the wheel well, unscrew the bolts and unplug wire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For The Info

lshadoff said:
Check out this thread:

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=43817

I found this by going to the advanced search and looking for 'alternator remove' in the titles of threads in the GA16DE Section

Lew

Lew thanks again did the advanced search got the alternator off and new one on but like an idiot I didn't pay close attention to how the battery wire
goes back on the alternator looks like its bolted with the two prongs facing inward, plus just guesssing about an independent smaller wire thats next to the battery wire not sure where that goes either, no wire diagrams on the web, any ideas, sure would appreciate........Dave

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
dholmes said:
Lew thanks again did the advanced search got the alternator off and new one on but like an idiot I didn't pay close attention to how the battery wire
goes back on the alternator looks like its bolted with the two prongs facing inward, plus just guesssing about an independent smaller wire thats next to the battery wire not sure where that goes either, no wire diagrams on the web, any ideas, sure would appreciate........Dave
So you have the new alternator in and need to hook up the connections from the harness? I am just guessing. The wire with the prongs goes on the threaded stud located on the alternator. It is held on by a nut & washer, should come with the new alternator. The smaller wire with a ring terminal on the end will be bolted right into the alternator, in a threaded hole. There should be a small screw/bolt on the side of the alternator, if not look for a threaded hole. You will need to go buy a screw to hold the wire in place if the screw did not come with the new alternator...hope that helps, kinda hard to describe. If you can sit tight until tomorrow I will try to snap some pics tonight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wufaded said:
So you have the new alternator in and need to hook up the connections from the harness? I am just guessing. The wire with the prongs goes on the threaded stud located on the alternator. It is held on by a nut & washer, should come with the new alternator. The smaller wire with a ring terminal on the end will be bolted right into the alternator, in a threaded hole. There should be a small screw/bolt on the side of the alternator, if not look for a threaded hole. You will need to go buy a screw to hold the wire in place if the screw did not come with the new alternator...hope that helps, kinda hard to describe. If you can sit tight until tomorrow I will try to snap some pics tonight.

Thanks, Wufaded that would be great, again on the pronged battery wire if I could see how that connects on the alternator without the red covering that would be awesome. Been riding the bus to work past few days not much fun miss my car.........Dave

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
dholmes said:
Thanks, Wufaded that would be great, again on the pronged battery wire if I could see how that connects on the alternator without the red covering that would be awesome. Been riding the bus to work past few days not much fun miss my car.........Dave
Yeah I bet. I'll see what I can do tonight, it will be dark but I might drag out the work lights to wash my car today. Its easy though. The connector with the prongs goes onto the threaded stud on the alternator. You might have to rotate the connector so that the prongs align with some notches and the connector is sitting flush. Then you secure with the nut.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SAVED THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

Big thanks Wufaded at work now, but tonight will install it right, really
appreciate the pictures, now I can tell my bus buddies see them in another lifetime, cause tomorrow I'm driving! One last question if I can, are there two securing nuts on the prong (frontside as in the picture, and one in back of the prong ...not sure). It seems like there would only be one. Anyway again many, many thanks.

Dave

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
There is only one nut to secure it...there might be another nut behind it, if there is it would be securing the bolt on the alternator. You don't have to loosen that to secure the connection with the prong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:cheers:

Got it will install to night , again thanks.

Dave

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
Ahh memories, I replaced my first alternator in the darkest hours of the night, good times :thumbup: Good luck and have fun! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts