Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...let me start at the beginning...
For the past few months I have been wanting a project car, did my research and 4 days ago I bought a 91 240 with a blown KA24DE (no hope for it) with a few toys, sunroof, 5-speed, LSD and abs. Got it for cheap, dirt cheap so I am happy about that. I have noticed many people with SR20DET, and that thought has crossed my mind but I want to keep the KA (not the one I got, but another that works), but I also want to play with boost. Now here I come to my point. I want to get a used Garrett T3/T4 and rebuild it, but my big and really only two (there may be more) questions is 1. Who makes a prefab manifold that will fit the two pieces (engine to turbo). 2. Will, with a little messaging, a nice sized intercooler fit into the front of the S13? I think that will so it for now...if not, Ill let you know.

PS
Once I get started, I be posting pics.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Revhard makes a manifold for the KA24DE and they do come with T3 flanges, you should be able to find one for less than $500. The intercooler would have to be custom made.. they do have intercoolers for S13's but they are for the SR20DET motor, you will still have to alter the piping. I say go for a spearco core and custom entanks, you can get all the piping made.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanx...Ill see what I can do about the intercooler, but I get workin on it soon..vacation first, then car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could go the junk yard route.

Buy the manifold from Revhard then hit Car-Parts.com.

You can find everything you will need for a home made kit in the salvage yard. Turbo from a Z31 (300zx single turbo) T3, and blow off valve and other things. An intercooler from assorted other model cars will work fine. Will have to get the piping custom made.

I have a pretty complete list of items and what cars they are from. I got it from a couple of knowledgable guys on the ORG. If you want me to post that info let me know. Total cost of a home made system going this route is around $1200 to $2000 dollars. And the gentleman that did his this way has had great success.

Jester

1 - 4 of 4 Posts