Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just recently came across a 1985 sentra hatchback for $25!! Some friends and I went out and ragged the car to hell and back, and it still runs. I have to give it props. The li'l carbed 4 that could.
I was wondering what junkyard shopping could bring me for the car. The interior is pretty rough and I saw a 88 sentra hatch at the local junkyard that has a REALLY nice interior. Will the seats bolt in?
What should I look for in the suspension dept? Any anti-sway bars that would be better? Maybe from that 88 or somewhere in that year range?
Right now the car is rough as hell, and one of my friends tells me the motor and transmission mounts are shot( explains why shifting is so difficult).
I'm looking for cheap mods for the car (remember I only have $25 in the car). And if someone has the info on the BMW headlight swap I sure would like to see it).

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
292 Posts
http://nismoparts.safeshopper.com/26/cat26.htm?482

there is the parts that nismo makes for it.....

if the seats off a b12/13 or any other nissan car dont fit up exactly then just change the railes swap them or what ever.
thats what i did for the pulsar seats i put in my car.

that is a good lil car. try to get everything in working order b4 you put mods on it.

like the engine mounts try to get polyurethane ones.

believe me getting the car in perfect
working order first would greatly benifit you and your wallet in the future.

anyways congrats!

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
There are ZERO aftermarket parts for the B11. The rear suspension is different from the B12 so you won't be able to use any of the rear suspension components from an '88 sport coupe

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips and the link :)

Do you get poly bushings from any parts store or do you have to go through energy suspensions to get them?
That is definately a tough little car. It handled some major abuse overtime and still cranks up and goes.
... about that BMW headliight swap.. has anyone done it? I think it would give the car a vintage look to it a la 510 style.

Thanks again :)

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
No one here has done the headlight swap. It was discussed a couple of weeks ago. Do a search.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was going to do the headlight swap with the BMW but decided not to...

Do the search and if you have any other questions email me @ [email protected]

im in cali so i wont be checking it everyday but I'll do my best..

Jesse

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well pimp if you have the E16 series engine carburated then you might want to look into getting some weber carbs(not street legal). I my self been wanting to do this but money issues. the kit sells for about 320 for a double barrel carb. I dont know how much performance you can get with it but is should be fun finding out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RED89B12SENTRA said:
well pimp if you have the E16 series engine carburated then you might want to look into getting some weber carbs(not street legal). I my self been wanting to do this but money issues. the kit sells for about 320 for a double barrel carb. I dont know how much performance you can get with it but is should be fun finding out.
where the hell you find them at?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can call them or go to the website
just do a search on weber caburators on yahoo should be the first one. i cant remember their web adress. maybe its piercemanifolds.com but they have them for the b12 e16 engine and e15 i believe.

Pierce Manifolds Inc,
321 Kishimura Drive,
Gilroy, CA 95020
USA

Tech inquiries: 1(408)842 6667
Order/tech inquiries (FAX): 1(408)842 6673
Email: [email protected]

Payment: VISA/MasterCard/UPS COD Money Order
Shipping: Worldwide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts