Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just replaced my thermostat, radiator hoses, and radiator (had a radiator explode on me and just did some insurance replacements) in my 97 HB truck. KA24E engine. While replacing the thermostat i had to take all the belts off so i replaced them as well. When I got it all back together i started her up and she runs and idles perfect in Park and Neutral, but when I throw it into R or D the idle starts JUMPING around from about 500RPM - 1100RPM and then it motor just dies on me. Any ideas on what could cause this? If i keep the engine reved at high rpm and warm it up for a few minutes it's fine and runs great! Could it be air still left in the coolant system? timing? idle speed?

I also replaced distrib rotor, cap and plugs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok so i just replaced my thermostat, radiator hoses, and radiator (had a radiator explode on me and just did some insurance replacements) in my 97 HB truck. KA24E engine. While replacing the thermostat i had to take all the belts off so i replaced them as well. When I got it all back together i started her up and she runs and idles perfect in Park and Neutral, but when I throw it into R or D the idle starts JUMPING around from about 500RPM - 1100RPM and then it motor just dies on me. Any ideas on what could cause this? If i keep the engine reved at high rpm and warm it up for a few minutes it's fine and runs great! Could it be air still left in the coolant system? timing? idle speed?

I also replaced distrib rotor, cap and plugs.

Thanks!
That gave me a hard laugh this mornin--thanks!

No codes kicked? From what you have replaced, I would guess plugs, cap, or rotor may be defective. Unless you've overlooked vaccum somewhere. Did you gap the plugs?
Maybe you bent one when installing. Goog luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think you might have left/knocked off one of the sensor connectors. Go back over everything and look carefully. If it was running fine prior to what you did, then you did something obviously.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses guys! Yeah.... i'm going to go back and look at it today. no codes, and i read alot on the 240sx forums and those guys always said air in the coolant system can cause jumpy idles... but what I don't get is why it stops when i warm the car up... seems like a clue but i can't solve this one... i'll go back and update later today...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts