Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Everyone is working hard to get this month's issue out. Unfortunately there were some computer problems causing a delay but it'll be out as soon as we can get everything back. Hope you guys like this month's issue!

·
Registered
77 Posts
To my best knowledge, all the information is there. It just needs to be put together again and that shouldn't take long (hopefully). Thanks for the offer though!

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
James said:
On a side, slightly off orginal topic note, why is there that login thing on sentra.net? I have never seen anyone logged in, it always says "0 members and XX guests"... is there more on the page if you login?
Guess I should speak up since I wrote that... :)

So far that login system doesn't really do too much. It's modeled after the system this forum software uses. Eventually a person who is logged in will be able to update gallery, owners registry, timeslip entries, place classifieds, etc. without having to enter an ID & password each time. So far it's only been integrated into the owners registry and gallery. I may set up additional features as well, such as instant messaging between members, custom backgrounds, fonts, colors, etc.

It doesn't usually show members online because it only displays visitors for the past 5 minutes, while these forums use 15 minutes as the cutoff. I'll probably switch to 15 minutes for sentra.net too.

At this point I'm still working the bugs out of the system and getting the rest of the site up to speed. It's been a bit more work than I expected! :)

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
new issue

Well this week was a frenzy of activity, trying to get this thing up... I have to apoligize for the lateness... We've worked around the clock for the last 5 days putting everything back together, There were a few articles that did not make it do to the glitch...

here ya go: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Another awesome mag. Damn project 200sx....... i've got something to look up to now. Sniff Sniff.... i'm soo happy....

·
4,571 Posts
SentraRacer97 said:
Another awesome mag. Damn project 200sx....... i've got something to look up to now. Sniff Sniff.... i'm soo happy....
hahaha yeah we felt that way as well.... it was like the little red headed step brother stood up and punched big brother in the nose...lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Re: new issue

myoung said:
Well this week was a frenzy of activity, trying to get this thing up... I have to apoligize for the lateness... We've worked around the clock for the last 5 days putting everything back together, There were a few articles that did not make it do to the glitch...

here ya go: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com
Yes it was. We had some late nights getting this thing up (or should I say early mornings!).

Sorry guys for being late, but I think it's worth it. NissanPerformanceMag.com get's better and better every month. Stay tuned for a new look very soon as well.

Until then, go read!!! :)

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Hey, what kind of hassle is it to get a magazine into stores? I think you have a good thing going on here (online) and I would love it, if I could buy it at my local supermarket. I know you would need funds and stuff to get all the materials at first, but I doubt you would have trouble finding sponsors and people to buy your magazine. Damn Honda Tuner and crap like that, I want my Nissan Performance Magazine!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Psch91 said:
Hey, what kind of hassle is it to get a magazine into stores? I think you have a good thing going on here (online) and I would love it, if I could buy it at my local supermarket. I know you would need funds and stuff to get all the materials at first, but I doubt you would have trouble finding sponsors and people to buy your magazine. Damn Honda Tuner and crap like that, I want my Nissan Performance Magazine!!!
It's a whole nother ball game. I know all of us would really like to go to print, but we're not there yet. Unless you know someone that wants to fund us for it? :)

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Im not saying I can make anything happen, but what kind of money are you looking at to start? (Rough Estimate)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey Mike, and all the guys, what about the non-intercooled version? Given the power that the kit tested made, whats a rough estimate for the non-intercooled running 6 psi? And I know I will have to do some engine work etc. prior to any turbo application, but apart from that, you think the stock auto tranny would be up to it? I have lots of questions, but I think you will tell me "you should call hotshot". Truth is, I'd rather hear it from one of you...I trust you more than Hotshot.....at least I hope I can. :D

·
4,571 Posts
andre said:
Hey Mike, and all the guys, what about the non-intercooled version? Given the power that the kit tested made, whats a rough estimate for the non-intercooled running 6 psi? And I know I will have to do some engine work etc. prior to any turbo application, but apart from that, you think the stock auto tranny would be up to it? I have lots of questions, but I think you will tell me "you should call hotshot". Truth is, I'd rather hear it from one of you...I trust you more than Hotshot.....at least I hope I can. :D
We have not done any internal work to Project 200SX... this was done on purpose to show the right numbers for the bolt on kit and to show that the GA is a pretty strong little engine.. If I was doing it for myself and not for NPM, I would have probably done the internals first....

We have been running at 8psi with no problems what so ever...daily driving too!

I think with the 6 psi non intercooled you should gain somewhere around 50 hp.... as for the auto tranny... I really don't know.. I'll hit up Kojima to address this.. I haven't owned a auto tranny car ....umm ever..lol...except my wifes Van if that counts...lol

besides kicking up the boost, tuning and 240maf.....We still have some internal work and cams to add in the near future.... should be interesting to see exactly how much the GA can handle..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Cool. Thanks. I look forward to more advice. I posted in another thread about the torque converter in addition to the turbo. Hopefully you see that one. Dont knock the auto till you try it. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
myoung said:
.... as for the auto tranny... I really don't know.. I'll hit up Kojima to address this..

i really hope he gest the info soon cause im on the impatient side:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts