Nissan Forum banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a question, why my car has a sound like an angry wasp haha? It makes that sound when you push the gas to accelerate? Is that the tranny or engine? It seems that it comes from the right hand bay.

It did a slight jerk today, this tranny acts up when driven for while, I would say at least an hour or so! I hate that feeling when it does not run smooth. But still love my rouge, I love it and that is all matters!

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,673 Posts
I have a question, why my car has a sound like an angry wasp haha? It makes that sound when you push the gas to accelerate? Is that the tranny or engine? It seems that it comes from the right hand bay.

It did a slight jerk today, this tranny acts up when driven for while, I would say at least an hour or so! I hate that feeling when it does not run smooth. But still love my rouge, I love it and that is all matters!
Without driving it on the road. Put it in PARK and rev the engine up to find out if you get the "angry wasp" sound. Report back to us.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Without driving it on the road. Put it in PARK and rev the engine up to find out if you get the "angry wasp" sound. Report back to us.
Yes, without driving it. I find that noise in hot days. And the noise changes when you change the greas yes but for a degree not a major change.

I have so many questions and concerns, I have checked now and i hear an air leak sound noise too, but no where to find that through looking. I am sure it has, I even feel like that leaking air noise may caused some of the jerks and engine noises.

·
7,673 Posts
Yes, without driving it. I find that noise in hot days. And the noise changes when you change the greas yes but for a degree not a major change.

I have so many questions and concerns, I have checked now and i hear an air leak sound noise too, but no where to find that through looking. I am sure it has, I even feel like that leaking air noise may caused some of the jerks and engine noises.
Possibly the noise is originating in the engine rather then the CVT. You possibly may have a major vacuum leak in the intake system which would make a hissing sound or in your case an "angry wasp" sound. A major vacuum leak will result in a very lean mixture condition which will cause your jerky driveability.

A quick test for a vacuum leak is attach a vacuum gauge to a full vacuum source. With the engine fully warmed up, the reading at idle should be 18 - 20 InHg. At 3,000 RPM, it should be around 21 InHg. If readings are under 18 InHg, check the intake manifold nuts to make sure they are tight. The gasket may have failed; spray a water mist at the gasket to see if the gauge reading changes. Also check the intake plenum bellows at the throttle valve and at the MAF for cracks or loose clamps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That could be true but why would that car jerk only after driving a while? When it’s cold, all goes good.
I had a few jerks and jumps today , freaked me out a lot.
No codes no signs at all

·
7,673 Posts
That could be true but why would that car jerk only after driving a while? When it’s cold, all goes good.
I had a few jerks and jumps today , freaked me out a lot.
No codes no signs at all
When the engine is cold, the ECU is providing a richer mixture to the engine allowing it to run smoother. Once the engine warms up, the ECU leans out the mixture to the proper operating spec. However if there's a major vacuum leak in the intake system, the mixture entering the engine will be leaner still more, possibly causing your jerks/jumps.

Another possibility is a marginal camshaft position sensor or a marginal crankshaft position sensor that's heat sensitive. Most of the time when this happens, the "check engine light" never comes on; subsequently when performing an ECU code readout, there was no fault code set. There's been many members here on the forum that have had problems similar to yours and the fix was replacing those two sensors.

The best and cheapest fix for this situation is to replace both sensors at the same time; the reason for doing this is there is no way to determine which sensor is at fault with this type of condition. You can take your vehicle to a dealer/repair shop and they'll tell you there is nothing wrong after they go through with diagnostic tests because at that time the vehicle was running OK. You could end up spending $200 or much more depending on how much time/parts are used.

When replacing sensors, always use Nissan OEM parts from a Nissan dealer; aftermarket electronic items generally are not reliable, don't last long, and many times are DOA. The sensors are not very expensive; around $75.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
53V at the strut tower is impossible, nothing in the car would work with a voltage like that on the chassis. Is your meter auto-ranging? Maybe you're reading mV and mistaking it for V?
Meter works on everything else that I check but now is in accurate on 12v. I have a bigger problem now. I have not put many miles on my tranny that was just put in. But, this morning I felt a little jerk. So, I decided to drain the fluid to check the amount that they put in. But, what do I find. Which of the tranny fluids would you say that this is?
Tableware Liquid Green Drinkware Solution

·
7,673 Posts
Generally the Nissan OEM NS-2 CVT fluid has a light aqua (greenish-blue) appearance, while the NS-3 has a light blue appearance. Other NON-OEM CVT fluids may have a different appearance. When you drained the fluid out, what was the amount?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yah, that doesn't look like NS2 or NS3, but it's just as important to make sure they didn't overfill. They may owe you another tranny.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Tableware Liquid Drinkware Aojiru Fluid

NS3 IS ON THE RIGHT. I HAVE CHANGED MY FLUID 20 TIMES AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE COLOR OF THE FLUID ON THE LEFT

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Generally the Nissan OEM NS-2 CVT fluid has a light aqua (greenish-blue) appearance, while the NS-3 has a light blue appearance. Other NON-OEM CVT fluids may have a different appearance. When you drained the fluid out, what was the amount?
The amount was 4 quarts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
the amount was more than I have ever drained out of my car any time I have ever replaced the fluid. I have only ever drained out 3.6 quarts. but those were the previous trannys

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Four might be a little high, the best thing might be to pour it back in and see what comes out the leveling plug. That color is weird, NS2 is a nice aqua-green and not the color of lime-ade. Might be my display and your camera, but I don't think so, the NS3 looks right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
They shouldn't be putting NS2 into a '16 anyway. Something is screwed up.
yeah the NS3 is right out of of a brand new quart I opened. The one on the left is not NS3. I found other pics on line that look like the one on the left and it said it was Ns2

161 - 180 of 215 Posts