Nissan Forum banner
221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Guys
What year to what year the transmissions are compatible?
mine is awd Us build 2014 SV

will a 2017 fit? Is that true that Nissan has fixed some issues on newer years transmissions like 2016 and 2017 or newer when compared to 2014?

I have found many transmissions online and seems that their prices are depending on the millage
I can get a 2017 but I don’t wanna risk it and want to know they can fit
Any lists to see what fits what?

thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
So after a couple of weeks since I drained my tranny after getting it back from dealer.. This is what is looks like after it has settled in the jar. I have measured out 17 cups of fluid and the last cup is some nasty stuff
Automotive tire Tread Tire Automotive wheel system Gas
Liquid Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Tints and shades
Liquid Water Fluid Serveware Dishware
Water Liquid Fluid Automotive lighting Tints and shades
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Dishware Automotive exterior

·
Registered
61 Posts
Guys
What year to what year the transmissions are compatible?
mine is awd Us build 2014 SV

will a 2017 fit? Is that true that Nissan has fixed some issues on newer years transmissions like 2016 and 2017 or newer when compared to 2014?

I have found many transmissions online and seems that their prices are depending on the millage
I can get a 2017 but I don’t wanna risk it and want to know they can fit
Any lists to see what fits what?

thanks

So, my Rouge's jerks are getting worse. I have decided to buy a used tranny for 1K CAD (2018 with 45000 KMs on it). What you guys think?
I would have to pay one more grant for labor and fluid though.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went to Nissan to get fluid for my upcoming tranny swab, the guy was very helpful.
He told me that I could change the filter outside that could help the jerk. He said it’s serviceable and it’s 27$ cad for the part with a o-ring
I even compared the vin numbers of both mine and the donar car, they fit.
However, you guys suggest me a service again to see if it fixes the shudder or a swab?

the swab costs me 1800$ cad

thanks for recommendations

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,723 Posts
So, my Rouge's jerks are getting worse. I have decided to buy a used tranny for 1K CAD (2018 with 45000 KMs on it). What you guys think?
I would have to pay one more grant for labor and fluid though.
Be sure to include the TCM from the donor vehicle along with the CVT; that way you can skip all the programming. Depending on your model, you may need to visit a Nissan dealer to have them get an IP file for the CVT out of the Nissan database, then download it to the TCM.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Be sure to include the TCM from the donor vehicle along with the CVT; that way you can skip all the programming. Depending on your model, you may need to visit a Nissan dealer to have them get an IP file for the CVT out of the Nissan database, then download it to the TCM.
@rogoman what if they don’t give the tcm?
why my mechanic said that it doesn’t need a reprogramming? What dose it do when you reprogram it?

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,723 Posts
@rogoman what if they don’t give the tcm?
why my mechanic said that it doesn’t need a reprogramming? What dose it do when you reprogram it?
The TCM is vehicle specific. It can be "flashed" or re-programmed/updated when needed. The TCM reads the valve body values in the ROM and uses them in determining how to operate the transmission. If you swap the transmission and don't re-initialize/clear the TCM memory, it will be using the wrong valve body data.

221 - 228 of 228 Posts