Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the nights finally getting cool in Arizona, more and more 'racers' seem to be coming out of the woodwork. A cool 58 degrees outside and all is well. I was driving to my friends house to go watch Enemy at the Gates. Deviating from my usual route, I decide to take the freeway there. Waiting at the off ramp for the light to change so that I can go left I see my future prey cross the intersection. Fortunately it was towards the end of his green light. It was a full kit, midnight blue, 95 Acura Integra, complete with combat style wing, and high pitch exhaust. Instantaneously my blood starts to pump in anticipation of my green light. I can feel a small cold sweat on the inside of my palm while I grasp the shift knob tightly to change into 1st gear. Finally my light turns green. I get a mediocre launch, and tear down the 3 lane road to catch up to the integra. When I get a good car length behind him I start my observation of it. One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was the A pillar complete with gauges illuminating the interior. I think to myself, " hmmm, this could be interesting!" I ask my friend in the passenger seat to roll down the window while I pull up to him. I glance over and make eye contact with the other driver. He notices my A pillar, and I assume he had the same thought as I did, because a large grin spreads accross his face. He rolls up to be even with the front end of my car. He then downshifts. I acknowledge this by downshifting to 2nd. Simultaneously he gets the jump of a half car lead. I then lead foot the gas pedal as quickly as I can, and we're off on a semi deserted road in the early early morning. I look over and he's right with me, then my shift light pops up to go to 3rd. The integra starts to slowly crawl to my rear bumper. No longer is his exhaust ringing in my ears. From now on it would only be the wicked sounds of the SR20, and its tiny T25 turbo. 4th gear, my HKS super sequential blow off valve whistles its excess boost into the atmosphere, and now the integra is approx 2 car lengths away. I keep my focus straight ahead because I am now well past 100mph. No fooling around at this point, its go time! Before I go to shift to 5th gear I glance up to my rear view and the Integra is a good 100 yards back. I guess the race was won by then.
I slow back down to legal speeds and wait for the kid to pull up. He yells, "how much boost?" I show him 7 fingers. I reply, "What do you got Turbo, super or Nitrous?" He replies with JRSC 7psi. We both went away with smiles, in admiration for what had just happened with ear to ear grins.Both of us recieving thumbs up for a pair of great machines. Driving away to finally go watch the movie at my friends house I couldn't help feeling overwhelmed with satisfaction. Not the satisfaction of beating an Integra, but for the true sport of racing. It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. And thats why I'm sharing it here with you all today. Because there was no hating out there last night between rival brands of cars. It was all for the un biased sport of racing. No one had their feelings hurt, because we just did it for the love of the sport.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excellent. Nice race. I don't want to put "kill" in here, because the way you told your story, it was just a damn fine race. Thanks Opium, made my day go by a little quicker in anticipation of the drive home from work today.

·
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!
3,960 Posts
can any smart person tell me some info on sentras in stock form like the models and hp and engine type and stuff i'm totally clueless on sentra's and i would like to know, i posted here cuz seems like the people who race them would know the most thanks..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well OPIUM3 has a 1994 Sentra XE. If I am not mistaken that comes from the factory with the 1.6L 126HP GA16DE. It looks like he has repaced the N/A 1.6L for an SR20DET (Correct me if I am wrong he may have turboed an American SR20).

Most of my knowledge of sentra's lie with the B15 models (starting in the Year 2000). The B15 XE and GXE's have the 1.8L 126HP QG18de engine. Then there is the B15 SE (Made only in 2000 and 2001) which has the 2.0L 145HP SR20DE Engine. Then there is the B15 SE-R's (Starting in 2002) but eveyone seems to know about them.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

BTW: Sweet race. I like it when they are firendly and respectful.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
cburwell said:
Well OPIUM3 has a 1994 Sentra XE. If I am not mistaken that comes from the factory with the 1.6L 126HP GA16DE.
Actually, GA16DE's in '91-94 B13 Sentras and Nx1600s came with 110hp and about 108tq. The '95-98 B14 Sentras and 200sxs came with 5 extra hp due to slightly more aggressive cams. Hope this helps. :)

BTW, great race Opium! Glad you kept it safe... keep makin' the Nissans in AZ proud. :D

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
nissandriven said:
that is awesome we all really wish for races that turn out like that... nice job
Definently. Got to love the races where no one gets anything hurt. Pride or physically. It was really a super feeling of comradery in the world of import racing. I usually never start threads in this forum, but I felt compelled to share, that is, with all of the honda bashing going on lately. I was starting to think that others thought honda kids were only ricers, had no balls, and all around slow. I posted this story because he had courage, had a clean ride (minus the wing), and he kept up with my low 14 high 13 second ride really well. It was the first time someone, that I've raced, has kept up with me like that. I actually thought that he might do me in when he got the jump on me like he did. It was thrilling. I'm sure if I would have lost, I would have still given him the thumbs up, and still would have had the same extraordinary large grin on my face. Hell, one day I couldn't wipe the ear to ear grin on my face from racing my friends dad in his fully built blown 350 in only one gear. We were neck and neck, and nothing was really accomplished because it was only one gear, but damn it was sooo exciting! I have a passion for real motorsport.

As far as my sentra is concerned I have a JDM Blue Bird SR20DET. It has 190whp and 185 torque at 7psi. I only run 7psi all day every day because I have no fuel upgrades yet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
it's refreshing to see your outlook on racing. i know that you have bashed a few people about "there" additudes on racing and the hate they have for the other racer(s). i now know your additude and it is nice that you have that. i hope that other people follow your suit.

RESPECT is all that anyone wants.

kinda like the respect i have for the supercharged toyota tacoma. i took him but it took me to 3rd and 80+ to get by him from a rolling start. suprised the hell outta me. i hope this doesn't mean my car is slow.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I think I lucked out one night in racing that kid. Having the same mindset (hopefully) as me. I could tell that he was still smiling when he went away that night. I've bashed people on here for their pure ignorance toward hondas. When I hear people bash honda's I can't help but take it a step further in my head. It almost seems like racism to me. Like straight up not liking someone for what they drive. I'm sure that its not totally true for some, but thats just what goes on in my head. It actually kind of bothers me. Some just joke around with it and say, "oh he just has a honda, and thats whats wrong with him". But there are some that actually believe that and won't ever give a honda kid the benefit of the doubt. It's these people I love to watch get smoked at the track or street so they can rethink where they stand in the import scene.

And as far as toyota tacoma's, they got some balls to them for a truck. And no your car isn't slow. I've seen a SC Tacoma run into the 14's at the track.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i agree with you on the "racism" thing. ppl just need to think.

im happy about the tacoma, that makes me feel better

Z

·
0 Posts
drift240sxdrag said:
can any smart person tell me some info on sentras in stock form like the models and hp and engine type and stuff i'm totally clueless on sentra's and i would like to know, i posted here cuz seems like the people who race them would know the most thanks..
The higher powered Sentras and 200SXs have always been the SE-R models. From 91-94 it was the Sentra SE-R with the SR20DE engine - 140 HP and 132 lb-ft of torque. From 95 to 98 it was the 200SX SE-R, same engine. Starting in 2002 the SE-R started using the QR25 engine, 175 HP, 180 lb-ft of torque in Spec V trim.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
When I hear people bash honda's I can't help but take it a step further in my head. It almost seems like racism to me. Like straight up not liking someone for what they drive.
Hey "OPIUM", you know as a well as I know that bashing keeps the playing field levelled. I mean we all can't drive the same thing or else it would be extremely boring. Honda guys are the majority, so unfortunately for them there are plenty of duplicate rides all over the world. You ran a good and smart race and gave props where props was due. That situation went smooth, but you're gonna cross that 10% that are just plain ignorant and will do some stupid crap that's totally intolerable and unfortunately when it comes to the rules of street racing, there are no rules so to each his own. Hell, I didn't tell you guys that the only person that really helped me when I crashed my B12 was a 17 year old kid in 4 door, 98, green with white rims, riced out integra who had been chasing behind me for a few seconds. He said he saw the Ferarri shoot past him and then he saw me run after the Ferarri and all he could see was two silver cars that warped away from him in a matter of seconds. He said at first he was like there's no way that crappy sentra is going to catch that Ferarri and then he was shocked when I did. And then he said when he finally saw the purple car fly across the divider lanes to the open highway, he knew that one of us was going to hit that car (Not me). I can't afford to hit a Ferarri which was a couple of cars back, nor could I afford to hit someone (period), so I'll leave that at that. This kid is now a friend of mine and I've already rewarded him by offering him free labor on a B16 upgrade from my boyz just because he did what the average person didn't do and that's stop to help a fellow racer. Keep up the good work/running "OPIUM" . And remember guys, some of the little Honda/Acura boys just wanna have a little fun like we do! But I didn't say not to smoke them ;) .

Dee

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I hear that about keepin the playing field leveled and what not, but what I was mainly talking about was people being so ignorant that they would honestly think that just because someone drives a honda, they are stupid, plain and simple. Like attacking someones personal character. Of course friendly verbal cheap shots are always allowed in the world of racing, always has. But I have seen people be so ignorant it hurts. I was just expressing what goes on in my head when I read some posts that bash hondas. I'm sure that is not what the person intended when they posted up, but that is how my mind thinks. Stupid fact for the day: Your mind thinks 4 times faster than you can speak. So when I read a post, I'm already generating numerous opinons before I even finish the post. As does everyone else I'm sure. I just let you kids in on what goes on in my head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts