Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my car and I can't decide whether to upgrade my ECU or buy the Hotshot or HP racing header. Which will give me the most noticable added performance. I already have intake and exhaust. Are there any other options to upgrade my ECU other than a Jet chip? Thanks for the help.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
The jET chip won't give you ANY power increase (dyno proven), while the HS header pays dividends. Healthy and very noticeable horsepower gqain that only gets better w/ each additional mod made. If $$$ will allow you to, I also recommend getting the header and the HS CAI together as a combo. And I second the JWT ECU when more $$$ becomes available.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've been told that your ECU should be done last after all your mods so it can be calibrated to what you have installed prior to installing it? I'm not familar with the chip but the headers idea well I second that, it makes logical sense to me :)

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
I've been told that your ECU should be done last after all your mods so it can be calibrated to what you have installed prior to installing it?
I'm fairly certain that the only mods JWT tunes the ECU for are cams, turbo or nitrous. For mods like intake, headers or exhaust the ECU adjusts itself. I'm not 100% sure of this though, maybe someone who knows more than me can post.

·
Registered
323 Posts
well then that makes more sense i suppose, to have to ship it off a reprogram it every time you add something new would be ridiculas

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QuikBlackSentra said:
Looking to upgrade my car and I can't decide whether to upgrade my ECU or buy the Hotshot or HP racing header. Which will give me the most noticable added performance. I already have intake and exhaust. Are there any other options to upgrade my ECU other than a Jet chip? Thanks for the help.
Go with the header (Hotshot). With your current setup, you'll notice a night and day differance. Forget the ECU for now.

QinSac

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
absolutely, these guys are pointing you in the right direction.
HEaders will compliment the intake/exhaust perfectly allowing max HP gains from those mods. Scrap that Jet BS. your well on your way to completing the "breathe easier" part of your modifications, don't waste your current mods by forgetting the most important part of inhale exhale is headers!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go header all the way its alot more efficent. The jet chip is just a way to fool you into thinking your getting more performance when you wont at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts