Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is it? It's some kind of product that was much talked about over on b15 that some member was making and selling and by most accounts it "improved performance.":rolleyes: It was some kind of thing that went into the intake or some such crap. Problem is he was very coy about it when I messaged him about it and his answer was "do a search." Even his www was devoid of information. I have not heard of him or his allegecd miracle product mentioned here (banned?). I'm sure a few peeps here know exactly about what I am refering to. So what's the straight dope on it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
holy crap, what's wrong with you? you went thru all that trouble beating around the bush...why didn't you just take his advice and do the SEARCH?! it's been talked about on every forum. everyone rants on doing searches because THEY WORK. you'll find all the info you want if you search.

sorry, bad mood tonight.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol....I think I found Jeff!! But still no answer....interesting.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SEARCH!!!!!

I agree, first thing you should do is a search. You'll find more info on it then you'll know what to do with!

Actually, I just did a search on both nissanforums here, and b15setnra forums, and no dice! Hmm...very odd. I guess they cleaned out their archives or something. So yeah, if I remember right, pretty much what it does is it vents the pressure of your intake manifold. Damn...now I'm thinking I'm wrong about that. Anyways, I know it's got something to do with your intake, and it helps with throttle response primarily I believe. Hope this helps, I know it's not the best answer, but it's something!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O.K. you obsessive search Nazis, nothing showed up.
Let me rephrase the question so as not irritate anybody:

"Does anyone have one of these things on their car and did it increase performance?"

TA.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, yes, I know we are search nazi's, but soon you'll understand why. And yes, Jeff's Gizmo is supposed to increase performance. You might want to post on b15sentra.net forums too, I think there are some guys on there who have it on their Sentras.
-Shane

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I think I will ask them. I'll take any amount of HP that I can find.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have it...but I dont remember exactly how it works...its supposed to lean out the fuel mix, and create more hp...I do remember feeling a little gain when i got it...but its no header. ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
shane said:
Yes, yes, I know we are search nazi's, but soon you'll understand why.
wouldn't it be easier to just IGNORE the thread and go on with your live?

jeff's gizmo is something user "corporaljeff" had imported from Japan. There are no proven gains, actually. But a lot of people have bought it.
Try doing this on b15sentra.net

in the off-topic sort the threads by the most replies and set it so it shows up from the begining. I think a thread about it would be right around the top.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow...that thing sounds like a crock of sh*t! Reminds me of JCWhitney products that promise great fuel mileage blah, blah, blah. I just don't see how it works unless it un corks crankcase pressure but then again that's what a PCV is for. Anybody have this thing dynoed?

·
Registered
390 Posts
deliriou5 said:
I've FINALLY figured out how this thing works. I had my direction of airflow mixed up. The hose on the right side of the valve cover is filtered air coming IN from the intake. The air flows from there into the crankcase, and then out to the PCV valve... which is where the stock hose sends the air back to the intake MANIFOLD. Now if you put a breather filter on the PCV valve like RedGST suggested, the air exiting the PCV valve is pushed OUT through the filter (so it gets dirty on the inside) and the vaporized oil and fuel is vented to the atmosphere.. VERY BAD (it'll probably make your engine bay really dirty really quick, too). Jeff's gizmo, however, allows the gases exiting from the PCV valve to continue going back to the intake manifold. The air that is sucked from the gizmo's valve leads to the intake manifold.... and it kinda SUCKS the air exiting the PCV valve into its own slipstream... just like how drafting makes your car go faster because of the pressure drop in the fast-moving air right behind the car in front of you... simple Bernoulli's Principle stuff. And this is what helps it breathe more easily.

Here is a pic of the stock PCV airflow:

Here is a pic of the PCV airlflow with the gizmo:

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I understand the airflow and all that jazz but why does it allegedly work. It makes absolutely no sense that it would. Somebody explain it please. And where is Jeff now??

·
Registered
390 Posts
deliriou5 said:
the whole point of PCV system is to relieve crankcase pressure. if you plug up the PCV system, your fuel efficiency will probably go down, emissions will go up, and you'll probably get a noticable drop in hp. all the moving stuff that goes on in the crankcase generates a lot of local high pressure, and giving the parts more room to breathe means less kinetic energy is wasted resisting that pressure, and more of it is passed on to the drivetrain.
And as for Jeff dont know where he is. He vanished from the B15 boards. but this is what i remember....
CorporalJeff said:
I would like to sit here and type all day w/ ya, but unfortunately..I'm extremely busy w/ stuff now. Getting my car ready for the race season as well my KOS company and online store (which shall remain nameless till it's finalized). I'm in the process of distributing engines to DRT as well as ENDYN (no bullshit). I will keep you update once I get my shipment and I promise that I will spend more time on this w/ ya and prove ya it does WORK! :)
ta-ta for now people..if you need me, just IM me @ LCPLCHAO.
Jeff-

M

·
0 Posts
it makes complete sense, but you have to acually get one to finally understand! If I recall correctly, the system requires some special lubrication, it's real sensetive to having anything chaffing against it, and only works properly in the right hands... If you have a girlfriend, you might want to try asking her, hopefully she can help with it, and if not, then youre probablly out of luck...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
mranlet said:
it makes complete sense, but you have to acually get one to finally understand! If I recall correctly, the system requires some special lubrication, it's real sensetive to having anything chaffing against it, and only works properly in the right hands... If you have a girlfriend, you might want to try asking her, hopefully she can help with it, and if not, then youre probablly out of luck...
Is that related to the "gizmo"? Cuz it sounds like something else. :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.