Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1995 sentra (b13 chassis) and installed a jdm 5 speed

does anyone know if it is any diferent than that us spec ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it came out of a sunny (maybe a b14)

thats all i know

1,267 Posts
If it's out of a B14, you've got a new final drive ratio at the least. I had each of them written down just the other day, but I think I threw it away. The B13 comes with something like a 3.89 final drive, and the B14 comes with something like a 4.17 final drive. So you've got that going for you...

·
Platinum
462 Posts
it's different

---U.S.---------JDM

1st 3.333........3.063
2nd 1.955........1.826
3rd 1.286........1.286
4th 0.926........0.975
5th 0.733........0.810

JDM B13/B14, US B14 and NX1600 has 4.167 final gear.
US B13 final gear is 3.895.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks you have been very helpful

btw which one do you think is better, the us or the jdm?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Good question

You can notice that JDM gear ratio is closer then U.S. tranny (1st-3rd) It is much better if you are racing. Because It helps to keep the rpm higher, so you can stay in the power band. But if you are the freaquent freeway driver, You might not like the JDM tranny much. 5th gear on the U.S. tranny is higher. That means it keeps the rpm lower when you are cruising on the freeway. JDM will be higher rpm on freeway, so it probablly gets noisier, and get worse gas millage than U.S. spec tranny equipped cars.

At 65mph, engine RPM is around 2800rpm. 75mph, it stays around 3200rpm. That is with my B14 U.S. spec tranny. Can you report your RPM at 65 and 75mph with JDM tranny? I am curious.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the difference between 4th and 5th is 500rpm's

and at 65 on 5th i am at about 3500rpm

also i have stock gxe 13" rims on 185-60 sumitomo htr2
the smaller tire makes the final drive a little higher too

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Wow, big difference.

Wow, so 2800rpm vs 3500rpm at 65mph. that's a pretty big difference.

JDM tranny equipped cars shold be much a lot faster than U.S. tranny equipped cars. If I don't drive on freeway much, I'd love to get that tranny.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have raced a couple of sentras and never lost (similary modded)
one guy told that when i shifted to second he has still on 1st at 5500rpms

btw i do a lot of freeway driving but you get used to it after a while

and i recomend you that transmision it is very good and i heard somewhere that it is stronger than the us-spec but im not sure about that

·
Platinum
462 Posts
I heard our stock U.S. don't like to take too much power too. My car has no power to kill the tranny, so i never worrked about it though.

It does make sense about you keep smoking other Sentras. I would definetely think about this upgrade if I mod a GA16 car, but I am going for the SR swap.

Does your transmission equipped with LSD? Because some JDM tranny comes with LSD. If so, you really got a sweet tranny.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont know if i have lsd but when you look thru were the axels conect to the tranny i see straight to the other side and i read somewhere that it may be an lsd

btw the good thing about having a high reving 5th is that wjen making passes on the highway i dont have to downshift

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
All sr20 trans. come with a lsd! When I swaped my engine, I put in a trans. from a 1993nx. They come with a vlsd, much better then lsd?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my car was made in mexico thats why its a b13

in canada b13 were made till '96 i think

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i has happy to find a new 95 b13 because i like the styling better than b14

1 - 20 of 21 Posts