Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody know the differences between USDM and JDM sr20de's. I know the C/R is higher and no EGR on the JDM. Is that all though? Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
yes it is, exsept the TPS might be difrent, i know it is on the BB but i dont know about the NA engines, but you can swap it with the usdm engine.

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
not all jdm motors had the 10:1 compression with the tubular manifold and ten additional horsepower.

There are also 9.5:1 jdm motors with 140hp and no egr valve. The US wiring harness will still match up except for the two connectors for the EGR valve.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There are engine codes on the engine. I forgot where but some place on the net posted all the egine codes. I do not know if this would work but you can try taking one of the spark plugs out and see if the pistons are high compression. Usally the have a raised face. If i am not mistaken I thnk the stroke is different too or I could be wrong

S

·
0 Posts
jdm PARTS swap

I have a JDM intake Manifold and exhaust manifold? Has anyone done this swap on there USDM car???? If so did they notice any hp difference?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
i hope i'm not wrong, but....

I thought JDM intake manifold and exhaust manifold won't work on US cars. Even with JDM Primera swap, you need U.S. spec in/ex manifold to make the emission system to work. Since JDM parts have less restriction (less emission crap), it might feel a little better, but i don't see any advantage doing this. . .
Yeah, emission system sux, but we gotta save our earth... :)

S

·
0 Posts
Well were I am at I don't have to worry about any emissions. I figure with the longer runners that are slightly bigger I could increase my hp or torque ratings slightly or even increase throttle response.... as far as I know the JDM header is close to the same guage as a pacesetter which are shit by my standards but better then a stock exhaust manifold!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I have no emisions either. I have a Hot shot header with no cat or resonator and a universal straight through muffler. Just bought a JDM motor and it has the jdm header on it. I think you would probably see a nice gain over the stock manifold.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The most acurate way to find out if you have a 10:1 motor
is to take off the head, if your pistons are flat top then you have a 10:1 motor.If your pistons have elevated rim on the top then you
have 9:5:1
:D

hay correct me if I'm wronge!!!!

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Primera Motor

wickedsr20de said:
I just want to know for all you guys with the JDM 10 to 1 motor ----How much of a difference did you feel compared to your us spec sr20de?
I don't own them, but I've driven couple cars with Primera motor. One was the actual P11 Primera 2.0 in Japan, another one was the Swaped from US SR20. Yes, it did feel more powerful (torquey) than regular U.S. spec SR20. Two classic SE-Rs raced 1/4 and one with JDM motor with stock cams was actually faster (about 0.3 sec) than U.S. spec with JWT S3 cams. they both had aftermarket header and a few bolt on mods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
trust me I only have wai and exhaust and I know I will
beat a USDM SE-R for sure!!! with the same setup.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone have any time-slip times for a JDM sr20de? I was just wondering how much faster the 10-1 compression would make it. No Bullshit guys ok lol---I know it is faster I just want to know time down the 1/4 mile. In a b13 or b14 must be in the high 14,s right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok, I'm not sure if the core engine I got was JDM or not, but there were several difference on the engine from the one that came out of my 91 SE-R....

The lower oilpan was a different shape, which made the aluminum oilpan part different, the lower windage tray was different... and a few other little things that irked me and my buddy that put it together.... Maybe it was a 91 engine IN the car, and the core engine we got was a 93+? I dunno, there's weren't any manifolds on the core engine, so God knows.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts