Nissan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It will work.

I'm not sure what stuff you DO have to swap off your old engine though. I can't find any info on this procedure. Do you need to re-use your intake manifold and exhaust manifold?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
the barst said:
It will work.

I'm not sure what stuff you DO have to swap off your old engine though. I can't find any info on this procedure. Do you need to re-use your intake manifold and exhaust manifold?
Tranny MAY work as some of them do not have the crank angle sensor fitting that the US cars have. The motor itself will work but you will need to re-use your USDM intake manifold. Honestly I wold only consider a JDM engine for replacement and not for a performance increase.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm swapping my GA16i for the DE. Am I better off just getting a USDM tranny instead. I'm stuck between a JDM transmission with 60k miles on it and a 3 month warrenty or a USDM one with 30k miles on it and a 6 month warrenty. The JDM one is 575 the US one is 600. Whats the better grab.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i can tell you this from personal experience that the jdm trans really opens up the ga16 alot...if you dont believe me ask chops he's been in my car with the jdm transmission...the only disadvantage i dont like is the gas mileage isnt as good as the us trans on the freeway, but for performance get the jdm...to me it was a big difference

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm getting the wiring harness and computer off of a 92 GXE. My transmission is in the junkyard, but it was a 4spd manual. All this JDM and CAS stuff is starting to sound complicated, I mean how much different can the JDM tranny be?

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
1989Sentra said:
Well I'm getting the wiring harness and computer off of a 92 GXE. My transmission is in the junkyard, but it was a 4spd manual. All this JDM and CAS stuff is starting to sound complicated, I mean how much different can the JDM tranny be?
They arent much different. What Wes is saying is you will need the case or cover from a USDM tranny to use a JDM tranny. basically you'd be taking the cover off of the JDM tranny and putting the cover from a USDM tranny on it that way you have the spots for the sensors.

Mitch

·
Slashie
394 Posts
I would get the USDM one, and get a nice clutch for it. The JDM tranny sounds like a lot of trouble, and you can make up the gains, (for money though), in other ways. There are more domestic parts for USDM trannies, and you wont have to do surgery.

It has a better warrenty, half the miles, and costs $25 dollars more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys

I’m new to this forum, and lets talk about transmitions cus I like that one, first I’m actually racing a ga16de at the local Time Attacks at el TUQUE road course and some door to door racing and let me tell you that a JDM transmition is a night and day difference my car dropped about 2 seconds per lap with one and by the way the only thing that I don’t like is people telling me WOW your SE-R is fast and explaining them that the ga16 can do the trick.

List of mods: internal B14 cams, JDM tranny with JWT clutch, disc and flywheel JDM engine without the emission crap, hot shots header and CAI,unorthodox pulley,AGX shocks, hiperco springs,ST sway bars ,front and rear strut bars, no seats just a 10 pound OMP seats, no air conditioning. :hal:

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
enjoydride said:
Hi guys

I’m new to this forum, and lets talk about transmitions cus I like that one, first I’m actually racing a ga16de at the local Time Attacks at el TUQUE road course and some door to door racing and let me tell you that a JDM transmition is a night and day difference my car dropped about 2 seconds per lap with one and by the way the only thing that I don’t like is people telling me WOW your SE-R is fast and explaining them that the ga16 can do the trick.

List of mods: internal B14 cams, JDM tranny with JWT clutch, disc and flywheel JDM engine without the emission crap, hot shots header and CAI,unorthodox pulley,AGX shocks, hiperco springs,ST sway bars ,front and rear strut bars, no seats just a 10 pound OMP seats, no air conditioning. :hal:

That is exactly why my license plate is what it is.... Autocrossing so many people would say "your SE-R was pretty quick today"... It's NOT N SER.... :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts