Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing myself to swap a JDM na Hi comp. tranny swap into my 93 se-r. Is there any differences between the two cable trannies, like gears, or final drives? Or is there also differences on the install that would be good to know in advance? -Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
few thoughts on the subject...

I'm not sure about final drive ratios, however when I swapped mine in my 92 1.6L I had to switch the speedometer hookup. Mine was mechanical and the JDM transmission had an electronic one. I also had to splice some wires because I couldn't get one of the bolts off because of wrench clearance. I can't remember what the wires went to. There was also a crazy tube comming out and I swapped that with mine which was a capped off right angle thing. A wrench pulls that out. Other than that I would recommend having a torque wrench and an extra hand. I found that if you jack up the transmission (tranny jack wouldn't fit under my car) and have one person on thier butt pushing it with their feet from the driver side mount and another turning the crankshaft from the other side helps. Of course sprinkle in some cursing and your set to go. Oh, and have a monster jack so you can jack your car super high. It's well worth the $100 investment. It will help out many more times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts