Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i know there are quite amount of difference in the sr20's. A buddy of mine had a stock usdm sr20 Ran a 15.8, in his classic. He put a jdm sr20 and his time drop to a 14.93 The usdm did have alot more miles than the jdm but still that is quite a jump.
I've heard that there is like a 15 horsepower difference in the ga16

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
This is just my opinion, but it seems to me that for the amount of extra money you'd spend for a JDM motor, you could get a lot more than 15 hp out of the USDM one with intake, exhaust, whatever you like.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Unless your engine is high miles I wouldn't do a swap either. Andreas Miko can probably get you one, he's down there in FL. Ask around to get his number. You ought to be able to get one shipped to you for under $300 with ~30K miles on it and a 12month/12K mile warranty from www.kwcengine.com Call several times to get your best price, as apparently their pricing varies with their mood and other variables. I wouldn't pay a penny over $300 shipped considering JDM SR20DE's can be had for close to that. Andreas and KWC are your best bet. If you want it cheap, try KWC first. If you want to talk to someone who knows 99% more about your car than anyone else, call Andreas. I don't know what kind of price he can get you the engine for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea the engie has about 90 thousand miles on it so im gonna swap it pretty soon. I 've hear that the Jdm is alot better compared to the usdm which i why i decied to go with it. I really dont think 300 shipped is a very bad price at all. Plus one i get it i can add those mods and still have more horses than the usdm. I was told the jdm responds better to performance mods.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
SeSoonSe-R said:
yea the engie has about 90 thousand miles on it so im gonna swap it pretty soon. I 've hear that the Jdm is alot better compared to the usdm which i why i decied to go with it. I really dont think 300 shipped is a very bad price at all. Plus one i get it i can add those mods and still have more horses than the usdm. I was told the jdm responds better to performance mods.
WHat is this based on? The JDM engine is no stronger internally than the US motor. The lack of emissions equipment and a different intake manifold seem to be the source of the extra power. You'll probably have to use the US intake manifold to make the engine legal here (if you care). otherwise you'll probably need a few items to make it run properly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wouldnt have to worry about the intake manifold. I live in Florida, Thank god they dont test emissions here. Yea interanlly i dont think they are any different, however i was told they respond to mods better.The reason im changing is becuase the perosn that has the car before me really didnt take care of it. Barley ever did routine maintanince. At this point i really dont trust the motor that much. So i decided i was gonna swao it out all together just to get that off my head

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Be aware, I've heard that Florida may institute a policy like New York has in most places outside NYC. They don't test tailpipe emissions, but at every inspection, they visually inspect every emissions-control system the car is supposed to have. The check that they are there and they are hooked up, as the case may be.
That's what a lot of the tailpipe-testing areas are doing, since it doesn't cost hardly anything extra.

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
SeSoonSe-R said:
Ummmm, where can you buy an engine and get it shipped for $300??? Everwhere I call wants $300 for shipping alone, especially JDM engines. If I could get a GA16DE JDM with low miles for $300 shipped I wouldnt even think of selling the car. Prove it to me.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Ummmm, where can you buy an engine and get it shipped for $300???
Ummm, can you read?

You ought to be able to get one shipped to you for under $300 with ~30K miles on it and a 12month/12K mile warranty from www.kwcengine.com Call several times to get your best price, as apparently their pricing varies with their mood and other variables. I wouldn't pay a penny over $300 shipped considering JDM SR20DE's can be had for close to that.
Have you called them? Considering what the JDM SR20DE's go for I'd think the JDM GA16DE would be even cheaper. I could easily be wrong, never priced a JDM GA16DE I'm just making an educated guess. Call them and ask and let us know what they tell you. :) Tell them you have a "friend" who bought a JDM GA16DE from them for under $300 shipped. You have to haggle these guys and put up with their poor english, but if you can get through all that, you'll have a great warranty on the engine and you'll have gotten it the cheapest you can.

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
No inspections, no state income tax.....no wonder Florida has exploded the way it has. I have a few rather wealthy friends who are considering relocating to Florida because of the taxes. I wouldldn't mind moving to the Jacksonville area. I was born there, and it's just a cool town.

·
120 Posts
florida = no inspections because florida = run by jeb bush. and we all know pollution and keeping the earth green is the farthest thing from the bush family's mind.

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
tsi200sx said:
No inspections, no state income tax.....no wonder Florida has exploded the way it has. I have a few rather wealthy friends who are considering relocating to Florida because of the taxes. I wouldldn't mind moving to the Jacksonville area. I was born there, and it's just a cool town.

Yea Florida is great and by the way where from in Jacksonville ,because thats were I live.

Sorry if i went off topic.

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
I didn't live there long, but I was born at the hospital at NASJax. And Dan, not to go off topic more, but Florida had the same attitude long before Jeb came along. If you'd like to start a political discussion, start a thread elsewhere and we can have a go. :D

Freedom-loving conservative,

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.