Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, not a bad seller. did a transaction with him before. fast shipment and reasonable prices gets this guy a thumbs up from me but heres my 2nd transaction with him...

purchased from him again a few weeks ago... received product im a timely manner and in good condition...

however, he wanted 75 for the skirts and 80 for the rear stillen piece + shipping. i told me to ship via greyhound because i knew it was cheap. he asked for 250 shipped and at first i thought that was a bit high because i know greyhound doesnt charge 100 for shipping on those pieces. well i wanted em so i payed it. within 2 days the items arrived at my greyhound location so i did the hour drive to chicago to pick up the items.

to my dismay, i discovered it only cost him $40 to ship it. i promptly msged him and kindly asked if he can refund me $50. he told me he didnt have the money but would paypal me $25 the next week. i was disappointed that he made much profit from shipping but im still happy i received the product (somewhat rare item) well im a patient guy and didn't need the money badly. a few weeks later i still haven't received the money and now i really do need it.

all i want is some of that money from the overcharged shipping we have discussed. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
jlee1469 said:
first of all, not a bad seller. did a transaction with him before. fast shipment and reasonable prices gets this guy a thumbs up from me but heres my 2nd transaction with him...

purchased from him again a few weeks ago... received product im a timely manner and in good condition...

however, he wanted 75 for the skirts and 80 for the rear stillen piece + shipping. i told me to ship via greyhound because i knew it was cheap. he asked for 250 shipped and at first i thought that was a bit high because i know greyhound doesnt charge 100 for shipping on those pieces. well i wanted em so i payed it. within 2 days the items arrived at my greyhound location so i did the hour drive to chicago to pick up the items.

to my dismay, i discovered it only cost him $40 to ship it. i promptly msged him and kindly asked if he can refund me $50. he told me he didnt have the money but would paypal me $25 the next week. i was disappointed that he made much profit from shipping but im still happy i received the product (somewhat rare item) well im a patient guy and didn't need the money badly. a few weeks later i still haven't received the money and now i really do need it.

all i want is some of that money from the overcharged shipping we have discussed. thanks
That fucking sucks man! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
a "not so good experience" also...

YEah, you know what, I have also have unfortunately had a negative experience with Jay1967 as well, although I would not like to further bring back the incident. (ONLY HE and god knows what he did... ;) anyways, sorry about hearing about this incident.
I totally do feel for you and I think you did the right thing by speaking your mind, and having the balls to speak up for when you think youve been wronged. (and by reading your previous story, sounds like you had!)

I hope evrythng works out and you get the $$$$!!!! ALoha, bruddahZ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
And another...

My buddy had a bad experience with Jay as well. I'm not going to go into details since it was not my transaction. Things were made right in the end, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Lucky for Jay my friend is too nice to post negative feedback.

Common Jay, clear your name and send jlee1469 his money. or will he have to wait over half a year for things to be settled as well????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
Not to be on the opposite side of yall, but in the past I've had nothing but good experiences with Jay. But that's MY situtation, not yalls'.
 

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wasn't aware of all these problems before i purchased from him. seemed like a respectable guy (frequent poster, nicely done car)

only gripe is the overcharged shipping, me paying a price that we agreed on however was lied to about shipping cost. once again i got the product in good condition (well packaged) and in a timely manner. and the fact he said he would refund money which he hasn't yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
jlee1469 said:
i wasn't aware of all these problems before i purchased from him. seemed like a respectable guy (frequent poster, nicely done car)

only gripe is the overcharged shipping, me paying a price that we agreed on however was lied to about shipping cost. once again i got the product in good condition (well packaged) and in a timely manner. and the fact he said he would refund money which he hasn't yet.
just wanted to bump this to the top in hopes that you DID in fact get your $$ back----- keep us posted :thumbup: :)
 

·
j-lu
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
If you want ur $25.00 no problem but if u call a company and ask how much for shipping and they told u a price what I have to do?
Tell u the price that they quote me . I didn't send u the money because I didn't have the money sorry but I'm in financial problems.I don't know why u complaint about the price.... $250.00 (including shipping) rear stillen apron and se-l sides skirts in mint condition is a bargain... but don't worry u will have ur money tonight.
Chucky did I fix the problem? Yes right? It took time but I solved the problem at no extra cost.
Sentra96816 what was the problem with u?
and Thanks tfilip1
Do u guys know how much money I lost buying items from the forum ?
like $400.00 and I didn't get a refund or the right item and they charge me double for shipping
jlee1469 money sent
and thanks guys u make my day
 

·
j-lu
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
and jlee1469 next time pm or email me ..like I said before I din't have the money and most important in my mind was traying to feed the family ..but don't worry anymore u got ur money
 

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
Joined
·
1,972 Posts
I had a couple transactions with JayL when my sentra was still running, maybe 2 years ago at this point, but I never EVER had a problem with the guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
JayL1967 said:
Chucky did I fix the problem? Yes right? It took time but I solved the problem at no extra cost.
I'm going to make this quick cause I'm not here to start anything. The problem should not have happened in the first place. And if you consider the fact that my buddy had to drive across the border again (1 hr each way + border lineups), time, pay duty again, then pay for re-install again (he can't do it himself), it wasn't exactly "no extra cost" more like a big PITA. He should have gotten what he paid for in the first place. I think I remember telling you all this in a pm way back when....

Anywho, I'm glad it all worked out for my friend in the end cause I felt bad for showing him the ad. however yes, I'll will certainly give you credit for making things right in the future, and I thank you for that.

-Christina

EDIT: I want to also add that I delt with Jay (twice) b4 my friend and personally I had a great experience as a buyer.
 

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey JayL im sorry if you had bad experiences from here before i've had my fair share from private sellers on the internet before as well...

i pmed you a week before i made the thread as a friendly reminder, if you had replied i wouldn't have felt like i was being ignored.

once again i never thought of you as a bad seller (read all my posts) and how that you have paypaled me the $25, you get a thumbs up from me :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
TO: JAYL1967

undefined[Q
Sentra96816 what was the problem with u?

JAYL1967-- I was one of the first people to inquire about your sideskirts( I answered your ad a few hours after you posted your ad in the classifieds, and you quoted me a price of about $150.00 shipped to Hawaii,....(which I thought was fair)
-----by you quoting me the price you are also giving me the impression that you HAD the product available and ready to ship when I did send the payment---I PM'd you back immediately about where I should send payment, and it wasn't until a few days later you replied w/ a "oh, I SOLD the sideskirts--someone already had dibs."( apparently it was jlee)
-------the part I was upset with was the fact that you DID NOT TELL ME that someone else "had dibs" on the product when I first asked you if you still had the skirts and what the shipping cost was. You gave me the false impression that you were going to sell me the product upon arrival of my payment. I was just really dissapointed because I have been looking for those SE-L skirts for A LONG TIME and when you gave me that price, I thought that meant it was still available and you were going to sell them to me.
-------- I am just dissapointed in the breakdown of communication that happened, and the fact that you never pm'd me back.THat was my ONLY beef w/ you and as far as Im concerned, this is "all water under the bridge". I feel you are a respectable NF member and you have good feedback left by others as far as selling experiences.
------Lastly, Im just happy to see things come to a happy end-- nobodys perfect and as long as we make things good in the end and we learned something from it(I know I did--its ALL good!) :thumbup: ANd like I said in my last PM to you a few months back,(check your PMs if you still have It) "I welcome to do business with you in the future ---AND I HOPE EVRYONE ELSE DOES TOO :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top