Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right i'm new to this game. I want to swap the motor for the
2 litre. is it possible to get a japanese spec motor in the U.S.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anything is possible

i do know www.streetimports.com has sr20det's. you could check in with them about a spec. you never know. You can get motors, and half cuts of vehicles. it is going to say these are strictly for off road use. but if you have a buddy with a shop just have him inspect it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming that right now you have a 1.6 ga motor in your car.

you can get a us sr20de
a jdm sr20de, it has a higher compresion ration than the us spec and looks the same
then you can get a jdm sr20det in various forms.. That's the turbo charged one........
there is also a sr20ve and sr20vet... They are more rare.. I know there are guys with sr20ve motors around but never heard of anyone with the sr20vet.... I am not evan sure if it fits.... You can get a us spec sr20de for around 200-500 bucks just look around.... I have seem JDM sr20de motors on ebay on buy now for 750 buck...
The sr20det averages around 2000-3000 bucks but every penny is worth it... check out www.jgycustoms.com They are priced very well... If you go sr20det try to find one out of a gtir It has a bigger turbo than other sr20det and hence some more ponnies.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm wanting some advice if any have done this yet, maybe you can lend me your advice and knowledge. I'm looking either into rebuilding my ga16de, or swapping for a sr20de, but I'm not sure which will be easier, which is better, and the most important for California, which will pass smog easier, or if I'll have any problems with that, the sr20det is the way I really want to go, but I need to know what preperation is involved, and if will work with local smog bullshit

thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
393 Posts
if you live in cali, and youre worried about emissions, you'll have to go w/ the USDM sr20de, or just stick w/ the ga16de. i have heard that it is legal to put in another motor, as long as it is newer year than yours, and you do have to have all of the emissions things like cat and stuff... of course, tuning your stock motor would be the easiest, but like the previous post, you can source an sr20de for fairly cheap. it is much more than just the motor tho. (all the accessories, halfshafts, ecu, and a lot more) if you wanna do this, youre only gonna get 30 more horse (stock sr20de), which you should be able to get w/ all the bolt-ons, cams, ecu, etc. and there are so many threads about this, its redundant now. so just use the search button, and type in sr20 swap or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts