Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tore off my heat shields today because they were rattling so bad. When I took the long one off, it put a small hole (half a penny size or less) in my exhaust. I have never welded or own a welder. I tried to also j/b weld the hole and it just melted off. I have patched headers with this stuff before but not such a big hole. Will this work? Is my only option to weld?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welding it is going to be the only permanant fix for it. You can put the expoxy stuff on it but it aint gonna last very long.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
there is also the muffler wrap repair stuff, it works and withstands the heat, but dont know how long it will last up by the headers.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
well i havent used it for years, try the Auto supply stores, was called muffler wrap or something like that

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have used the wrap stuff before. It lasted about 3 days. take it to a shop and just get it welded. It will save you in the long run.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i havent used it for years, try the Auto supply stores, was called muffler wrap or something like that
A guy at work gave me some metal and a few hose clamps. I cut metal today and fit it over the hole and clamped it down. Seemed to do the trick. Hopefully it will hold at least until the clamps rust.

Jason:fluffy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts