Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
1,048 Posts
i think he means he gets lazy when just casually driving......like from house to the store and what not.............getting a torque convertor is prolly the best thing u can get to get descent launches.......today, i was following my friend in his mustang, and i started shifting....was in first gear..took off, heard my radar detector go off, so i started looking around and totally forgot about my shifting, car started fucking up, look at speedo and i'm doing 42mph in first gear, i over revved it like 2 times i think, that was a big scare.........

· Banned
1,048 Posts
stealthb14 said:
Well, thats just smart. :rolleyes: Yes, lets all manually shift our autos, and pay more attention to a radar detector than our transmission, all in all to avoid a $200 speeding ticket, when trying to avoid that, causing you to screw your transmission up beyond belief which in turn is a ~$1500 repair. Riiiiight....

Anyways, you would know that this M'Fer does not own a classic anymore. This M'Fer now owns a Civic, if you had done a search, you would have known. :
dude, y u getting smart? u dont know my situtation.......i aint made of money to be paying a ticket for nothing, besides, WHAT GOOD DOES A TRANNY DO ME, WHEN I CANT BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT WITH ANOTHER TICKET ON MY RECORD?!?.......HAVE U HEARD OF LICENSE SUSPENSION???? I'D RATHER BUY A NEW TRANNY THAN NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE FOR A YEAR JUST BECAUSE I GOT A SILLY TICKET FOR NOTHIN'.......lets think a little there before we speak buddy

· Banned
1,048 Posts
Teknokid said:
well if you heard your radar detector go off, why didnt you either let off the accelerator or hit the brakes slightly as to not seem like you were going that fast. Also, how could you not hear your engine rev loudly??

lets say you do get a ticket and you get your license suspended, maybe it would be for the better. Cause if youre getting a lot of tickets within a certain time period that just shows either youre a bad driver or are violating traffic laws at the wrong times.
well, usually......when u hear a siren......or a cops gun is aimed at your car...and he knows you are speeding, it doesnt matter if you slow down anymore...all it takes is 1 second for that cop to know how fast youre going.....and i'd rather just know if there IS a cop around or not...so either i can say it was a false alarm or know that i have been caught.

· Banned
1,048 Posts
Boromir said:
first of all, if you got a radar detector then the cops will easily know that you've got it because cops in some cities got the "radar detector" detector. so whether you going 200mph or 10mph, they know you got it. second, wanna a faster "auto" car? shifting manualy could help little bit, why dont you get a turbo or nos? try search the net.... hotshot.com for example. i know couple "auto" Ga16det in my town who make the sr20's and other ricers bow everytime they pass by. dont listen to anyone who says that your car is slow. you can kiss some serious ass if you know what to do next.
well yea, but i'm not trying to keep my ga16...right now i'm in the process of getting a loan to get me an se-r

· Banned
1,048 Posts
myoung said:
I would suggest you start driving like a responsible adult, then you wouldn't have to worry about either...
let me get this straight.....we all put mods on our cars so our cars can be faster, and we can have more fun driving them right? so i'm supposed to mod my car and drive responsibly(of course not doing stupid shit like weaving in and out of traffic and speeding in high traffic zones)? thats like an oxymoron.....

· Banned
1,048 Posts
at no time did i say that i drive like an idiot....u can be the best driver and still be involved in a wreck...u can always drive the speed limit, and the one time u go a lil bit over, and u get pulled over....then what? all it takes is one time...but i see there is no point in trying to give my opinion.......and stealth...u started the flaming on this thread for no fuckin' reason, go back and read the thread..besides, u also make no points....earlier u said something like "this M'fer drives a civic".........and if u read closer, u woulda known that the "downshifting is cheating" thread was just a bad choice of words on my part, even though i tried correcting myself a lil bit later in that thread everyone misenterpreted that and starting flaming.......and if your moderator priveledges have gone to your head that u cant even see the truth or talk(not argue or flame) like a man........then, whatever. I'm sure anyone would be mad if some idiots were street racing with traffic and killed a family member. In the same breath of air, u say that 95% of the people dont take me seriously, i dont come to the forums and post facts, if u read my threads, most of them are opinions. I'm also not the only one who "post whores"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.