Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there...

i am being offered a swapped engine 1992 nissan se-r with these on it...the seller is asking for $4k and i want to know if i should go ahead with it...thanks for any feedback...=)

Jdm Motor Primera 10:1 CR
Stillen Headers 4-2-1 heat wrapped
Stillen Cams
Stillen Adjustable Cam Sprokets
Stillen Overbored Throttle Body
Stillen Match port Intake Manifold
Greddy Cat Back Exhaust
Jim Wolf Solid Motor Mounts
Jim Wolf Custom ECU
Clutch Master Lightened Flywheel
ACT Street/Strip Clutch
ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Custom Intake
Custom Hollow Catalytic Converter
Unorthodox Racing Lightweight Pulleys
NGK Platinum Plugs Heat Range #6
Accel 8.5 MM Plug wires

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
It sounds like a good deal. Although im not too fond of any other generation except the B14. How many miles?? I got my 96 GXE for $4000 and i bet you can smoke my car so it sounds good. I think you should test drive it before anything else.

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
depends on how the motor was treated... if it wasnt driving to hard all the time and was well Maintained then its worth that much cause the mods that have been put into it is about the price of the car its self....but if it was been treated bad not worth it :-D

·
Registered
118 Posts
if the mods that have been put on it are worth about as much as the car is, then how is it possible for it not to be worth it? even if the engine stops running completly, you could part it out and get most of the money back. drive it. if it drives well, buy it.

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
ihateloops said:
if the mods that have been put on it are worth about as much as the car is, then how is it possible for it not to be worth it?
well cause modded cars usually take a beating...i dont think id by a car that have been modded cause you have no idea how the parts were installed and what was done to it :) but if you know the guy and trust him i say go for it

·
Registered
118 Posts
yes, you quote one part of my post, but you missed the rest of it, apparently. the point i was making was, if the price of the car is about the price of all the mods that are on it, even if the car is total trash, he can still take all the mods out and sell em and get quite a bit of his money back.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the engine blew a head gasket its still worth the $$$. Add up the price of all that aftermarket equipment and add that to what you'd be willing to pay for a non-runnin' SE-R. I think its an awesome deal. Don't forget, you can get a JDM sr20 for $250 + shipping ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is worth it... the cams alone retail at 550 and the Greddy at 400, blah blah blah you have about 3000 in mods there... I would do it..

JonSER
Don't forget, you can get a JDM sr20 for $250 + shipping
Where did you find that price?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Teknokid said:
... i bet you can smoke my car so it sounds good.
hmm, pretty much stock ga16de vs. a well modified sr20de (thats probably putting out at least 145-150hp to the wheels). yeah, it'd walk away from your car.

Anyway, that sounds like a good deal to me.

ak

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
iv also seen them for 250 a buddy of mine bought one several monthes ago he got a Primera motor for 200 bucks just gotta know where to look is all

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks!!

hey guys...

thanks for all your feedbacks...im about to make a deal with him and drive it home...ill soon be one of you guys...:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts