Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hook up my brake controller and thought before I mount it under the dash maybe I could buy the OEM unit. I have this rubber part the removes with plastic under and it could be cut out. Not sure what goes here. If you have an OEM controller can you show me what it looks like. Also how far back does this truck go before it was changed? For things like the stereo and front end. Thinking about changing the deck out and adding 3m paint shield to the front. Thanks

Gear shift Vehicle Car Automotive tire Steering wheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so after looking at 10k pictures I think the round one was where the ignition was before they added the push start. Does anyone know what the lower one was for?

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,454 Posts
The round one was for the ignition switch. Below it was a pad that would deaden the sound of the keys hitting the dash panel. Nissan doesn't have an OEM controller for the Frontier that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The round one was for the ignition switch. Below it was a pad that would deaden the sound of the keys hitting the dash panel. Nissan doesn't have an OEM controller for the Frontier that I'm aware of.
wow, keys hitting the dash panel that's cool. They sure didn't want to spend money taking it out on the push start units. You would think they would put the push start where the ignition was. But the old ignition makes a great spot for a curt brake controller.
Thanks for letting me know

·
Registered
498 Posts
wow, keys hitting the dash panel that's cool. They sure didn't want to spend money taking it out on the push start units. You would think they would put the push start where the ignition was. But the old ignition makes a great spot for a curt brake controller.
RH,

Before you get the Curt Brake Controller, do an online search for Frontier Brake Controller Review's. Curt may be the best, but I don't remember reading any review's on it, but I have have on other's , but don't remember the brand's. When you decide on the Controller check out EBay and Amazon for best price.

I would think a lot about where you install the controller for Access and also Knee/Leg clearance, etc.

Good Luck,

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,454 Posts
They didn't have the pad for the first couple of years, like on my 2006 Pathfinder, although I wish they had! Anytime I go over rough roads, the keys will "clack" against the dash panel. As far as controllers, I always used Tekonsha. I use a Tekonsha Prodigy P2 (#90885C) controller with a Tekonsha 3050-P brake controller harness that makes the controller plug'n'play to the factory harness connector under the dash. If you need a controller that does electric over hydraulic trailer brakes, there's the Prodigy P3. I got mine from Etrailer.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help guys. I decided to use the ignition spot for the new controller. In my old vehicle the controller was sitting underneath the dash and I just hated how it looked. Here’s what the new one looks like.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks for all your help guys. I decided to use the ignition spot for the new controller. In my old vehicle the controller was sitting underneath the dash and I just hated how it looked. Here’s what the new one looks like.

View attachment 7588
RH,

Now that's what I'm talking about. Very Professional Indeed and easily accessed.

Best Controller Install that I've seen yet.

Nissan should see this and offer a Brake Controller in that Spot.

Regards,

Reactions: rhconcepts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts