Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

My SE-R has about 2 years and a few months now. I'm at 51,000 KM on it. (Roughly 32,000 miles). I went to do the 48,000km service check.

My brakes were down to 25% at the front and 50% at the end. The service rep called me to let me know of that, and told me that it would cost me 410$ CDN (That's about 320$ US). Can that be right? I decided to wait a little bit before I did the change.

Do they need to change more than the pads, which should only cost me around 40$ each? I think the price is very high and I just want to know if it's right. I've tried calling the dealer since, but couldn't reach the service. Even then, I want to make sure the guy doesn't give me a load of BS when he tells me why the price is so much.

Thanks!

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Yamakasi said:
Hi,

My SE-R has about 2 years and a few months now. I'm at 51,000 KM on it. (Roughly 32,000 miles). I went to do the 48,000km service check.

My brakes were down to 25% at the front and 50% at the end. The service rep called me to let me know of that, and told me that it would cost me 410$ CDN (That's about 320$ US). Can that be right? I decided to wait a little bit before I did the change.

Do they need to change more than the pads, which should only cost me around 40$ each? I think the price is very high and I just want to know if it's right. I've tried calling the dealer since, but couldn't reach the service. Even then, I want to make sure the guy doesn't give me a load of BS when he tells me why the price is so much.

Thanks!
brake jobs are ripoffs... i ended up paying 290 for front pads and rotors on my spec as well as an inspection(16 bucks) and tire rotation... then, for the same services from a friend PLUS a new line om my F150(and the parts were not cheaper!!!) cost me 91 bucks not including inspection grrr. fucking professional wrenches... grrr worst thing was then trading it in 3 months later...

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
That's the nice thing about 4 wheel discs. Just do it yourself an hour max time to do all four. Then go get your tires rotated and balanced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts