Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new car for a while. After going to 20 dealerships, I found a nissan dealership that gave me what I wanted, and had a car I liked.

To make a long story short, today I bought a Silver 05' Sentra SE-R Spec V.

Anyway, I test drove it 3 days ago and yesterday. I got on the hwy but never had a chance to get over 50 due to traffic.

Today after picking the car up, I got on the interstate and got up to about 60mph. The first thing I noticed was the wheel shaking. That mofo shakes like crazy. this isn't normal, is it?

I was thinking that the wheels are probably not balanced right...I can ask the dealer to check? What about rotating the tires, this wouldn't be an issue with a new car would it? What about the alignment?

I had asked the dealer about it before I noticed how bad it was and he told me it was just because the suspension was so stiff.

Somebody throw me a bone here, I'm really loving this car, but driving 50 miles a day round trip to work, I can't have these vibrations...

The faster you go, the worse it gets. If you get up to 80 and start to slow down really fast, it goes away up until about 35 mph then gets crazy. That doesn't bother me. But if I can't set the cruise to 60 on the way to work and chill without some insane vibrations and steering wheel shakes...this sucks :wtf:

Somebody please advise me on what to do.

SV

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
that's not normal. have all the tires checked, then balanced. Could be a bubble in a tire but I think the balance is definitely off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well I will go up there monday and have them rebalance them. Hopefully that's all it is. I will keep my fingers crossed.

If anyone else wants to post there opinion, feel free, I will reply. Until then, I'll let you guys know what happens monday.

SV

·
High times
394 Posts
uhhhhhhhh check to see if the lugnuts are tight... someone may have tryed to steal the wheels before you picked it up...

·
Registered
54 Posts
well i noticed that today om the highway. its the suspen. and low pro tires youll have that. the highways in pa r bad. youll get used to it

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Balance issue most likely...if not you have a bent wheel. Stock wheels bend easily. Bigger wheels with lower profile tyres bend easily. Cast alloy wheels that are OE and big with low profile tyres bend VERY easily. I found out one of my aftermarket wheels were bent today and it blows. If it is bent, get the dealer to cover it. If they refuse to, keep in mind bent and cracked alloy wheels are repairable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wheel shake!

My 04 doe;s ride rough. Even more so now that it is lowered. But increasing wheel shake that gets worst as you increase speed is not normal. Definately a balance issue or defective tire. Go to your dealer A.S.A.P. :showpics:

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
NickZac said:
keep in mind bent and cracked alloy wheels are repairable.

But very expensive. I had one that was bent to hell and back. $300 to fix it. While its def cheaper than a new wheel in some cases, its not like changing a battery.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Mark said:
But very expensive. I had one that was bent to hell and back. $300 to fix it. While its def cheaper than a new wheel in some cases, its not like changing a battery.
That sucks man. I had Ye Old Wheel and Tyre weld 2 bent rims for me and do a 4 wheel balance and mount for under 200. Where did you get the work done at?

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
http://wheelwizard.com/

Looks like the pricing has come down a bit. I still have a wheel that is BENT TO FUCK. I guess I'll get it fixed now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After closer inspection, I noticed that NONE of wheels are balanaced at all. Is this normal??? What I'm saying is, there are NO weights on the wheels at all, period.

I highly, highly doubt it has a bent rim, it had 3 miles on it when I test drove it, the Angel my dealer/friend said nobody had ever driven it..now it's got about 40...speed bumps, etc I go insanely slow.

I went up to the dealer today because of some paperwork and mentioned it, I am going to have them fix it thursday probably.

I also doubt the wheels are loose....I'm not doubting that somebody might try to jack them, just that the yard at Sunbelt Nissan is fenced in with surveilance and a dog.

Somebody throw me a bone as to the statis of the way a new Spec V's wheels should be balance and weight wise.....I bet thats the problem.

Thx guys
SV

·
Registered
64 Posts
ya that definantly isn't normal. You should get that fixed. It does seem like a balance issue , i have had mine for about 2 weeks now , and i have never had that problem , mine drives like a dream. I love it so much :thumbup: :givebeer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I assume that your car came frome the factory with the wheels balanced or the dealer did it. Either way, when you purchased the car you had balanced wheels, correct?

I'm going up there today..

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah, i don't get any wheel shake. even at 80 mph + i don't get anything. But i do find that my ride is really bumpy. Even the tiny humps in parking lots bump really hard, i have to take those suckers real slow. Is this normal for the low profile tires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, of course thats normal. The less actual rubber you have the rougher the ride is. My 89' M3 has got 18's on it and riding rough is an understatement. The SE-R rides good, it just rides like its on low profiles and had a nice, stiff suspension with little body roll.

Now, my steering wheel shaking like nuts at 55+..thats NOT normal.

What I did notice is, the 350Z's appear to not have balanced wheels, but I looked closer and they are balanced on the inside. Mine are not balanced at all, inside or out.....

SV

·
Registered
455 Posts
SiliconVandal said:
Today after picking the car up, I got on the interstate and got up to about 60mph. The first thing I noticed was the wheel shaking. That mofo shakes like crazy. this isn't normal, is it?SV
No! Not normal at all! I've been up to 160km/h which is like 100mph with no shakes. In fact, the car is smooth, if not smoother than my old 94 Maxima GXE. What a wonderful car the Spec V is!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts