Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a junkyard a couple of weeks ago and I started to think about something. If I bought a second gauge cluster, swapped it in and took out my own. If I put the old one back in to sell the car with less miles showing then what the car actually has on it, is that legal??

·
Registered
126 Posts
i dont think thats legal. Probably because it represents that the car was used less than it actually was. So uhh wouldn't that be like false advertisement or something? haha dont flame me please

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thats illegal. If you do a swap like that, most times you would have to go to a dealer to get an official sticker showing the difference between the engine milage and the odometer milage.

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
It is illegal and it's called fraud. Some unscrupulous used car dealers (are there scrupulous ones?) used to remove the odometers and roll them back, selling cars with more miles than shown, so they could get more money for them.

If you make the swap you should roll the odo to your real mileage. Not that anyone would.

Wait, how could you think of selling a Sentra anyway?:eek:

·
Ready for swap #2
342 Posts
ok i waas thinkin...when i get my new engine..im going to have to get a SE_R cluster..but im sure its going to have more miles then my engine....so would it be wrong to Roll my new cluster the miles of the engine.?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fcsmotorsports said:
Wait, how could you think of selling a Sentra anyway?:eek:
I wasn't thinking of selling the Sentra. We have two in my family and I want a third to top it off. Maybe a nice B13 to compliment the B12 and B14. :D

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
NiN_00 said:
ok i waas thinkin...when i get my new engine..im going to have to get a SE_R cluster..but im sure its going to have more miles then my engine....so would it be wrong to Roll my new cluster the miles of the engine.?
Many people would shun the idea of tampering with their odometers. As long as you roll to to EXACTLY what your real mileage is no one will ever know and it wont be illegal. Its the same kinda thing as replacing a broken odometer.

-Nick

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
that was what i was plannin on doing when i get my SR20DET s-15 FWD Motor. but how accurate does the japan miles compare to US miles.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts