Nissan Forum banner

281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
pizzaguyATL said:
I need help to find two 8" subs.. i have a kenwood 800 w amp and i have very little space just need two eights for my crew cab.. i already blew one set of subs, and i dont want to waste any more money... thanks
I would check earlier in this thread where good brand name subs were mentioned then go on Ebay and find them there. Ebay's usually the cheapest...

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
IT'S DONE!!!

Finally after all those questions and the months of waiting...my install is completely done!

I just finished making my own box and it sounds great

mounted my amp on the back of the box so when you lower the seats it looks like this

Thanks for all the help and answers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
OK...I'm sorry in advance if this is somewhere on the boards, I looked...And couldn't find my specific question...

Ok, I am once again wandering into the unknown realm of car audio. I have the stock RF package that came with the 04 spec V...I got it because it came with the car...Now i've gotten a taste of bass and would love to beef up my system with a new head unit, bigger subs [ sony xplods? 12s] and I guess a bigger amp...Do i have to trash [sell] my whole current system or is there things that are salvagable?

Can someone give me a nice list of car audio, like which subs and such...basically i'm in love with this type of system...looks hot, probably sounds badass...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/597777

Can someone at least point me in the right direction??

Audio gods please help

go with JL or OZ auido best u can get or get high end RF stuff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get Rockfords

get a pionner 7500. It is really good. WMA/MP3 works good with systems has crossover options and shit. Gewt rockford fosgate hx2 they hit hard has fuck. OK than spekaers i would recommand rockford as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay I read some of what was posted throught this neverending post, but I wanted to see if someone could lay it down to me plain and simple.

Basically what I want is a new head unit (JVC has a new unit that has front panel aux inputs) so I can play my MP3 player through my Rockford Fosgate system. I want to keep everything, just add a new head unit. It's my understanding that everything needs to be totally rewired. Could someone go into detail about that and if I'd be able to sill use the sub, amp, etc... Thx.

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
Quoting SR20Demon
"You cannot just replace the headunit, you cannot just replace the speakers....it's really a pain. If you want to change out anything, you pretty much have to change out the whole thing."

taken from this thread link

You have the RF package but no aux input on the front of your stock HU?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
that was with the Bose system, with the RF system you can, but you'll need to do a bit of rewiring for an aftermarket headunit to work without double amping the speakers. There are wiring diagrams somewhere but I'm not sure where

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
hey sr20dem0n, i'm back with the stupid audio questions...

first of all what's SQl and SpL? I'm completely a newbie in the audio field...

The problem is...I already have a sub and amp...What came with the RF package...a 8in RF sub and some unknown amp...I think it's like a 300watt system or soemthing...I was told the last time i was interested in redoing my audio that the wiring would be all funny about the head unit... and then setting up everything so my sub still works...

I have like a grocery list of things i want to do to my car, so limited budget...I was thinking of getting new rims...which aren't cheap...

so let's say...two senarios...

1) Keep the head unit, upgrade the sub and amp [i'm guessing you HAVE to upgrade the amp...]

and

2) New head unit, New Subs [ preferably like 2 10s or 12s biig thump] and i guess once again new amp

For a budget....i'm looking at no more than $300-400...christmas is a long way away and so is my birthday...and money from my job is paying for the car itself

Anybody in the MD,PA or VA that wants to install it for me..? haha
LOL Bring it on out I can do most installations LOL (VA here) as for the budget and whatnot it all depends the quality you want. I myself like the Rockford amps and is what I use in my car but due to $ restrictions I'm only pushin' alphasonik 10's with it but I AM running a Voodoo 1.2 farad cap as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh... Oops... Sorry didn't pay attention to the dates (Yeah I know completely says newbie about me eh?) Ah well I am what I am and everyone was a newbie at one point or another.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
why isnt this thread just closed? it has any and all information you could possibly need, nothing else needs to be added to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1.6pete said:
why isnt this thread just closed? it has any and all information you could possibly need, nothing else needs to be added to it.
Yeah if you care to browse through the 20 pages that are associated with the post LOL. It definately NEEDS to be closed though. (I've seen older threads start anew though one was something like 2 years old LOL)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Sanguinius said:
(I've seen older threads start anew though one was something like 2 years old LOL)
none are quit as extencive as this one though

281 - 300 of 315 Posts