Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I'm sorry in advance if this is somewhere on the boards, I looked...And couldn't find my specific question...

Ok, I am once again wandering into the unknown realm of car audio. I have the stock RF package that came with the 04 spec V...I got it because it came with the car...Now i've gotten a taste of bass and would love to beef up my system with a new head unit, bigger subs [ sony xplods? 12s] and I guess a bigger amp...Do i have to trash [sell] my whole current system or is there things that are salvagable?

Can someone give me a nice list of car audio, like which subs and such...basically i'm in love with this type of system...looks hot, probably sounds badass...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/597777

Can someone at least point me in the right direction??

Audio gods please help

·
Registered
116 Posts
maybe a pioneer head unit(dehp360, i sell it for 179.99everday price) it has all the features you will need, possilbly want. As far as subs and amp, depends on your buget.
I like the planet audio subs and amps, also the new kenwood amps are pretty nice for a smaller buget. if you have a larger budget, you could go kicker compvr or solobaric, and kicker amps, the box would really depend or how loud you want it and what kinda music you listen to.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
u will have to ditch that whole system....but DONT get anything sony..especially not subs

do u want SPL or SQL?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
You have a few choices

If you just want an amp and sub you can get a line output converter (LOC) and use the stock speaker wires to send the signal to the amp. Everything will work like it does stock, except you'll have a sub in addition to the stock system.

If you get a headunit things start getting more complicated. If you wire it up normally all the interior speakers will be double amped, the only way to effectively fix this is to rewire all the interior speakers (run your own speaker wire from behind the headunit to all 4 speakers). Then you just run rcas from the headunit preouts to the amp and that works fine.

Also, Sony sucks, as does just about everything else at Best Buy and Circuit City. Please stop looking there for your own good. If you give us a budget we can design something for you that will sound much better than Sony, Kenwood, RF, *insert other kiddy boomer brand here* for the price.

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sr20dem0n said:
You have a few choices

If you just want an amp and sub you can get a line output converter (LOC) and use the stock speaker wires to send the signal to the amp. Everything will work like it does stock, except you'll have a sub in addition to the stock system.

hey sr20dem0n, i'm back with the stupid audio questions...

first of all what's SQl and SpL? I'm completely a newbie in the audio field...

The problem is...I already have a sub and amp...What came with the RF package...a 8in RF sub and some unknown amp...I think it's like a 300watt system or soemthing...I was told the last time i was interested in redoing my audio that the wiring would be all funny about the head unit... and then setting up everything so my sub still works...

I have like a grocery list of things i want to do to my car, so limited budget...I was thinking of getting new rims...which aren't cheap...

so let's say...two senarios...

1) Keep the head unit, upgrade the sub and amp [i'm guessing you HAVE to upgrade the amp...]

and

2) New head unit, New Subs [ preferably like 2 10s or 12s biig thump] and i guess once again new amp

For a budget....i'm looking at no more than $300-400...christmas is a long way away and so is my birthday...and money from my job is paying for the car itself

Anybody in the MD,PA or VA that wants to install it for me..? haha

·
The Right One Baby!
2,506 Posts
I think the best thing to do would be keeping your stock head unit, getting a LOC ($20) and get (1) 10 inch JL Audio W6 v2 with a JL amp, and you will have more bass than you need. Your also gonna need to spend ($40) on a 4 gauge amp kit.

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bumpin240sx said:
I think the best thing to do would be keeping your stock head unit, getting a LOC ($20) and get (1) 10 inch JL Audio W6 v2 with a JL amp, and you will have more bass than you need. Your also gonna need to spend ($40) on a 4 gauge amp kit.
So the LOC is a wiring kit/thing?

how big is the amp? like wattage?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
So i'm searching cut and paste from what sub you said and I can't find anything....

10 inch JL Audio W6 v2 is there another language it's in? haha
www.tweeter.com

I have some buddies at the Towson Tweeter and their good guys who know their stuff.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
Ok...i'm doing some research...What kind of amp would i need...I"m reading fairly good reviews about JL Audio...everyone agree?

"slash" series or "e" series....ha
If it is JL or Kicker, you can't go wrong.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
holy crap the amps are expensive....any way to salvage mine??
No, you are going to want to trash your whole system for a new one. Good audio isn't cheap to get with a warranty. Kicker is much less expensive than JL; the Kicker KX series are the best bang for a buck. The Kicker SoloBaric L7 series is a thunderous subwoofer. If you get a loud sub, you are going to need to get better component speakers or they shall be drowned in bass.

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NickZac said:
No, you are going to want to trash your whole system for a new one. Good audio isn't cheap to get with a warranty. Kicker is much less expensive than JL; the Kicker KX series are the best bang for a buck. The Kicker SoloBaric L7 series is a thunderous subwoofer. If you get a loud sub, you are going to need to get better component speakers or they shall be drowned in bass.
damn my love of bass....so expensive...so little money so much to spend it on...

So...Can i get a package...Sub and Amp...and i guess components?? What i mean is someone pair a good sub with the appropriate amp and an approximate price?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
damn my love of bass....so expensive...so little money so much to spend it on...

So...Can i get a package...Sub and Amp...and i guess components?? What i mean is someone pair a good sub with the appropriate amp and an approximate price?
What price figure are you looking to spend?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Yellowsentragirl said:
don't laugh....

less than 400

Now what do i do about an enclosure...I like whatever is in my car now...It's not in a box...the speaker face is open...good bass.

it's like in a holder..
You want to spend 400 between wires, rcas, box, sub and amp?

·
It's Delux son, Delux
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but seriously....I know it sucks to do thing half assed... but I simply can NOT do more than 400... because I already have a sub and an amp...so people [my mom] will be like "why are you wasting your money blah blah blah.."

I was hoping a simple...add a new sub or something...

1 - 20 of 315 Posts