Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I changed out the front main seal in the 95 Sentra and it really needed it. It was an easy fix taking only about 2 hours labor , including new belts. I also cleaned the engine, engine bay, suspension and all hoses of the grease that they were caked with due to the leak, but that showed me that I have a small rear seal leak too. Is there an easy way to change it without pulling the transmission, or is it a 1 piece seal engine that requires taking off the flexplate?

·
Registered
466 Posts
No easy way out on that one. It is a 1 piece seal, and you will need to remove the trans. No other way around it.

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
When mine leaked it got on my worn clutch and made my slippage problem even worse. Now that was fixed it seems something else has reared its ugly head. Tranny problems!!! This is getting expensive.

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, mine's not too bad, plus mine's an automatic...so I guess I'll just let it leak. If I ever find a really nice auto trans tho, I'll change it then ( mine lags into 2nd every once in a while and has done so for 40k miles)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts