Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 95 XE 4WD Monday and I'm going to save my old rusted out 95 XE for parts, but wouldn't you know it , didn't put it in gear just prior to picking up the other one and it rolled from the driveway down a hill in the back yard right into a good sized tree. Pretty significant damage to the passenger side front end. I have cleared way all the carnage in an effort to be able to still drive the thing around the yard when and if I need it for parts, but all I get when I turn the ignition is a click (I'm thinking some sort of "relay click"). Checked the negative cable to make sure I have a good ground, will still check the positive cable going down to the starter tomorrow, but I'm thinking is there some sort of "reset" that needs to take place after a crash??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check the fusible link, everything OK. Where is the starter relay. There are a set of 4 relays along that side near the fender, one of which - EGI - was clicking. I don't know what made it start to click, I unplugged the relay and swopped it with another along side it (3 of the 4 appear to be the same exact relay) and it still was clicking, even with the key off. It has stopped for now, but I bet if I start fooling around I could get clicking again. On my old 89 I remember having a problem with the clutch interlock relay and I stuck in a jumper wire and that enabled me to start the thing until I replaced the relay. I tried jumping the EGI without success. That is what got me wondering if there was some sort of on board computer reset button. Never crashed one before that got me wonderingabout the reset. I take it you never heard of such a reset button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts