Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Slashie
394 Posts
BryenB14 said:
is there even a supercharger for the ga16de not a turbo the actual supercharger?
I have never heard of or seen a pre-fabricated kit for a GA out there. All I've seen are turbos. There was one guy I heard of that got a supercharger and built his own. (He did it wrong though and blew up all sorts of stuff in his engine.) Your best bet is to either go with a turbo or n2o.

Whatever you do... don't buy an 'electric' supercharger. They are a waste of money. I tried it. Pure waste.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
please look in the FORCED INDUCTION section where there is a sticky listing all turbo/sc kits available for the model cars listed.

for future reference, threads pertaining to turbo/supercharger/nitrous oxide belong in that forum and not here.

·
Slashie
394 Posts
That link didn't work. It just took me to the search page. Maybe a subtle hint....

As a side note, do a search for superchargers or 'sc' or something and you'll find all sorts of fun stuff. The guy that did the one that blew up his engine had a rather entertaining thread, as well as my thread regarding the electric one. (I'm not exactly proud of it, but it is kind of funny.)

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
stevja1 said:
That link didn't work. It just took me to the search page. Maybe a subtle hint....

As a side note, do a search for superchargers or 'sc' or something and you'll find all sorts of fun stuff. The guy that did the one that blew up his engine had a rather entertaining thread, as well as my thread regarding the electric one. (I'm not exactly proud of it, but it is kind of funny.)
Don't feel too bad. I made the same mistake in getting one of those electric ones. hooked it up and saw not difference. Then felt really stupid for believing such a thing. live and learn.

Mitch

·
TRIPPLITE COMMAND CONSOLE
109 Posts
unless you know a genius!

I plan on SC my GA...
But that is my lil secret... I have a really GOOD friend that is a mechanic.. and he is also the one that I am having build my cage too..
so yeah.. thats future though.. when the time comes..
maybe you all can see my lovely 200sx when i get it on the road.. LOL
And if I do Sc it of course a write up on what pipes and belts and this and that..
(estimate of about 5 grand to do..)

·
8,328 Posts
you're gonna waste $5k to supercharge the GA?

what a waste.

$5k on a turbo kit will far outweigh the benefits of a supercharger kit.

oh and we've discussed it before.

btw, just because your friend is a mechanic doesn't mean he knows all there is to know about forced induction or how to install that stuff...... ;) beware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is ok i just bought a SR20ve stripped block and with the heads taken apart for $900 the guy didnt want to put iot together it only took me 4 hours (only) anyway i have $1000 left im just going to probably turbo it or just get a good clutch oh and by the way i am a mechanic for spoon and i still need help on everything iom working on i dont know shit about forced induction but i can build you one hell of a motor.

·
8,328 Posts
well, boosting the VE isn't easy...it can be done, but it's not easy.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
BryenB14 said:
that is ok i just bought a SR20ve stripped block and with the heads taken apart for $900 the guy didnt want to put iot together it only took me 4 hours (only) anyway i have $1000 left im just going to probably turbo it or just get a good clutch oh and by the way i am a mechanic for spoon and i still need help on everything iom working on i dont know shit about forced induction but i can build you one hell of a motor.
so how many heads did it have? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
myoung said:
so how many heads did it have? ;)
sorry type-o i was tired i was working since 7am and didnt get off until 10:30 est. it was tough to put it together i have it at work a couple guys helped me with it but we still have the head(s) off a guy knows alittle about forced induction so i dont know if i should change the pistons and rings or what
? what should i do?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
BryenB14 said:
sorry type-o i was tired i was working since 7am and didnt get off until 10:30 est. it was tough to put it together i have it at work a couple guys helped me with it but we still have the head(s) off a guy knows alittle about forced induction so i dont know if i should change the pistons and rings or what
? what should i do?
Your a mechanic for spoon that can build one hell of a motor? Well it should be common knowledge that the compression ratio in the VE is not well suited for boost.

·