Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there is a performance chip for the se-r and/or spec-v. I really want more HP in my car, even tho an intake and exhaust helps. Can the current computer be reprogrammed? I also heard that you can pull out the governer which will give the car much better performance and higher RPM ranges.

Let me know,

MiKe

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
No. Not as of yet

As my subject says: No, not as of yet.

Also, though Nissans do not have "Chips" like VW's, etc. They have to replace and reprogram the entire ECU. I don't know if Stillen or JWT is working on an ECU for the SE-Rs/SpecV's yet. I know for a fact Jim Wolf Technologies make them for the B14 generation sentra. I'm sure we'll be updated as new goodies come out. Also, I suggest going for headers (Nismo [rebadged hotshot - does not void warranty look for it around fall of 02], or Hotshot [readily available, voids warranty])

-Sam

D

·
0 Posts
I could have sworn that I read that any aftermarket part would only void a car's warranty if said aftermarket part was involved in screwing the car up.

Am I wrong on this?

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
droobies said:
I could have sworn that I read that any aftermarket part would only void a car's warranty if said aftermarket part was involved in screwing the car up.

Am I wrong on this?
No, I was being a bit closed minded. You are right. I just oversimplified, thats all.

-Sam

B

·
0 Posts
JWT is currently working on an ECU for the spec v. They are in the R&D stages right now and might have something completed by September or October.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jet performance has the Vforce control module for the SE-R and Spec V it runs about $250 and is good for about 9 hp only took me about an hour to hook it up.

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
droobies said:

Am I wrong on this?
if its dealer installed.. then no it wont void it.

plus itll be nissan (nismo) branded so it shouldnt

·
Registered
369 Posts
red SE-R said:
Jet performance has the Vforce control module for the SE-R and Spec V it runs about $250 and is good for about 9 hp only took me about an hour to hook it up.
jet performance does not have a good reputation I wold wait for jwt. I had jwt ecu in my 96 200sx and it was great.:p

P

·
0 Posts
red se-r
does the chip that you have take much time to install?
and is the hp gain noticable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts