Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder and the hardline from a MT car. mine is an auto and i want to do the swap. i wanted to know if the wireharness from the MT will be necessary for the swap or will the one on the AT tranny work? also do i need the drive shaft and halfshaft and crosssmember? if i do the sr20 swap will this clutch master cylinder, and accesories fit the sr20? please hlp out a noob.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
No, you dont need the wiring harness from the manual. Its a headache to mess with in the first place, trust me. Yes your gonna need the driveshaft, the manuals is shorter than the autos. I dont know if you need the crossmember, but it may be a good idea to get it anyways. I think all the other accesories will work with the SR swap. Not sure though.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
No, you dont need the wiring harness from the manual. Its a headache to mess with in the first place, trust me. Yes your gonna need the driveshaft, the manuals is shorter than the autos. I dont know if you need the crossmember, but it may be a good idea to get it anyways. I think all the other accesories will work with the SR swap. Not sure though.
Besides, the auto ECU's don't have a speed limiter. I have a 5-speed, and I took the ECU from an automatic (1997 OBD-II) to get rid of the speed limiter. The crossmember should come with the manual transmission.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
NO SPEED LIMITER?!?!!? OH HELL YES!!!! I didnt even know that! Maybe b/c everyone I know has a manual 240...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at to mt swap

so do i need the ecu from a manual? i have the wiring harnes from a mt its complete with all the connectors exept for one set of wires that was hard wired to the the mt in a black cylynder???? any other ing\fo would help

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
no you dont need it. its a waste of money to buy it, b/c the auto ecu will still perform all the engime functions regardless.

Dont remember a black cylinder... gotta go look one day warm...

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
joarif said:
so do i need the ecu from a manual? i have the wiring harnes from a mt its complete with all the connectors exept for one set of wires that was hard wired to the the mt in a black cylynder???? any other ing\fo would help
I have my whole lower harness attached to my tranny and laid out here, and it doesn't look like there is any kind of black cylinder... Can you post a pic?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts