Nissan Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Banned
414 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a used turbo for my '97 200x se and since I know next to nothing about them, wondering if you all could help? What is the best way to go? Would it definitely have to be professionally installed? How much would labor on it roughly cost? Would you need a gauge installed on the dash for the turbo? Any help back would be great. thanks

· Registered
1,418 Posts
akk51 said:
I'm thinking about getting a used turbo for my '97 200x se and since I know next to nothing about them, wondering if you all could help? What is the best way to go? Would it definitely have to be professionally installed? How much would labor on it roughly cost? Would you need a gauge installed on the dash for the turbo? Any help back would be great. thanks
well since you said you know nothing about turbos then yes i would get it professionally installed. depends how you want your turbo set up, there are all different ways if you have the money cause turbo is expensive. you will need a boost pressure gauge for the turbo in your car somewhere and it depends if you want an intercooler or whatever but some other people around here can help you out. Go to the Forced Induction Section on the forums...there is lots of help over there

· P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,571 Posts
lubricates it, but if you are lazy [or absent minded] and shut off the car without letting it idle for a few minutes to cool the red hot turbo, the engine oil literally "cooks" on the shaft inside the turbo. This cokes up the shaft, and in turn destroys the seals. [/B]

ah the joys of modern technology...ie. turbo timers

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.