Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1987 nissan sentra. the turn signals just quit working , but the hazzard lights still work.I tried replacing the flasher , but I'm not sure if the replacement part was defective , because it didn't fix the problem..I'm thinking it may be a problem with the actual switch in the column . . if this car is anything like my last (1984 honda accord) then all of the switches in the steering wheel column are one one circuit board , and it costs about $100 for the part. this happened to my last car...turn signals quit. . . later on the light swithches quit.I eventually had them wired to run from switches on the dash. I'm just about to sell this car ,so if it's that cuircuit board , i'm not going to fix it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd say it's probably the circuit :( but i may be wront..take it to a garage and get them to check to see if theres power even going through it?

-Tobin

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Make sure you check fuses first, there is no main circuit board, it's all contained in the combination switch, I can't remember how the turn signals are setup on the conatct block in the switch but I know that you can take the plastic cover off the back of the switch and clean the contacts and sometimes bend them a little to remedy non-working headlights and clearance lights. other than this it could be a wiring problem, I remember when I first got the sentra the turns wouldn't work, someone had meesed up the wiring when they put in a stereo, I had to run a new positive wire for the signals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed it ! much thanks . .. .turns out that the flasher I bought was defective . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts