Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now w/20% More Magic
199 Posts
never heard of them; sometimes wheel companys will license the processes for making the wheel and the design from a larger manufacturer -selling them cheaper beacuse you dont get the fancy name
a example is ASA they license from BBS but are alot cheaper

So find out if there is a parent company
more important if there not from a larger company find out the process they use to make the wheel

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
thats like Motegi.....there made at the same plant as RO_JA but the Motegis are the cheaper ones, while RO_JA's are very nice. It also has to do with the manufacturing process.....motegis are usually cast aluminum and RO_JA's are usually Forged wheels which make them more expensive, just look to see if it has a reputable parent company........they might be good though ive never heard of them myself

·
Now w/20% More Magic
199 Posts
I think there okay looking I really hate universal fit lug patterns
it says there 28lbs a piece and being 17" thats going to kill accelaration

check out tirerack.com I seen similar from other companys more fimilar with for around the same price have the specfic 4X100 lug patter and there lighter plus tirerack have good wheel tyre combos

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but wouldnt adding a stuff like soundsytem (subs, box, amp, aftermarket heavy spkers) add weight to the car too? so the wait of the rims really dont matter if the car is already overweight<<

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah....but strange....i was looking at the exact same style rim, but 18inches instead of 17, and they weigh 28lbs.....something says that the 17's dont weigh 28lbs!!

·
Now w/20% More Magic
199 Posts
read this thread I was in http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=84984
size of the wheel has a greater effect on the accleration then just weight even if there lighter then 28lbs the fact is that there still likely very heavy plus the weight of the tyre and there 17" will hurt accelration you need a very light wheel to help reduce the lost of power for the size of the wheel thats why i got O-Z's there light made and from one the best companys

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I still find this funny.
I know that rotational mass is bad, and every ounce we save could mean an extra .00000000076089789 HP gain :D ....but at the end of the day, these are still grocery getters :D
Now, on my AE86 I might worry a bit about the weight of the wheels...on my slug of a Sentra...I coudn't care less.

I have never heard of RIAX wheels, so I do not know the quality of the wheel, or the reputation of the company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts