Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well recently I have had to fill my radiator up every day because I had a a hole in my radiator. I thought it was just my radiator. Well I replaced the radiator today and start the car no leaks. I let it idol for about 5 minutes and look under the car again looking for leaks, and coolant is pouring out of my oil pan looks like.

Could it be dripping from the water pump and then rolling off the oil pan???
If not one of more of my piston rings are gone right and its leaking into the oil pan?? If I change my oil and coolant comes out my motors ****ed right???


when I got home today i heard something vibrating, I thought oh **** its my engine. My car was off and my overflow tank was ratting for like 5 minutes after the car was off. WTF?? What the hell does that mean???

Help me I am so depressed.
 

·
Will work for beer
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
Could it be dripping from the water pump and then rolling off the oil pan??? yeah, probably water pump running down the front of the oil pan.
If not one of more of my piston rings are gone right and its leaking into the oil pan?? That's possible as well, but it won't leak OUT of the pan like your'e talking about.
If I change my oil and coolant comes out my motors ****ed right??? blown head gasket most likely. is the engine still running good other than the water leakage problem? If so, then it's probably just a dead water pump.


when I got home today i heard something vibrating, I thought oh **** its my engine. My car was off and my overflow tank was ratting for like 5 minutes after the car was off. WTF?? What the hell does that mean??? probably coolant boiling in the engine causing pressure spikes through the whole cooling system. you're seeing that as bubbles coming from the radiator into the overflow tank.


I'm betting it's just your water pump at this point. don't drive the car anymore until you get it fixed to prevent further damage.
 

·
Will work for beer
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
IMO, buy an OEM pump.. this isn't a job you want to do every couple years because you cheaped out on the parts....

IIRC, they're around $75 from the dealer..

haven't done a pump on a VQ yet, but I've heard you do have to remove the timing cover and such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt93SE said:
IMO, buy an OEM pump.. this isn't a job you want to do every couple years because you cheaped out on the parts....

IIRC, they're around $75 from the dealer..

haven't done a pump on a VQ yet, but I've heard you do have to remove the timing cover and such.
doh, the writeup at autozone.com says you have to remove the timing cover, it looks hard. On the VE you dont, that sucks.
 

·
Will work for beer
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
yeah, but it's still not that bad. just follow the directions step by step and you'll be okay.

hell, I rebuilt my own tranny with only the directions in the FSM and it's running great 30k miles later.... it can be done. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
It could be your water pump or it can even be the upper radiator hose going to the thermal stat too,to change the water pump,you look up in the org and there's a write up that said to change the water pump w/o taking the timing chain cover off,but you have to be careful not to drop the bolt into the timing chain cover,or you are going to have to take the timing chain cover out.Good luck. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Definately check out the org - you don't have to pull the timing chain cover.

What you do have to pull is the water pump cover - a black plate towards the front of the timing chain cover, and the passenger side motor mount. You have to be meticulous at this so that you don't drop a bolt into the timing case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
seximagtr said:
Definately check out the org - you don't have to pull the timing chain cover.

What you do have to pull is the water pump cover - a black plate towards the front of the timing chain cover, and the passenger side motor mount. You have to be meticulous at this so that you don't drop a bolt into the timing case.
Exactly what I'm saying,worst come worst if you drop a screw into the timing cover,THEN you got to remove the timing chain cover. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i put some blcok filler in and its not leaking anymore, but its only a temp fix for now. I have finals all next week.
 

·
Will work for beer
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
eek!!
take that crap out right now!
flush the system and NEVER PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR CAR!!!

It gums up the radiator and plugs all kinds of small coolant passages in all kinds of places in the engine. BAD NEWS!! stay away from that crap. I don't know how stores are allowed to sell that shit.

when you get it out, run a full engine flush through the system- better yet, run the flush twice... and then run it backwards while you have the thermostat out and all the radiator hoses off. get all of that shit out of your system that you can before it ruins the radiator and all the small coolant passages in the engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Matt93SE said:
eek!!
take that crap out right now!
flush the system and NEVER PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR CAR!!!

It gums up the radiator and plugs all kinds of small coolant passages in all kinds of places in the engine. BAD NEWS!! stay away from that crap. I don't know how stores are allowed to sell that shit.

when you get it out, run a full engine flush through the system- better yet, run the flush twice... and then run it backwards while you have the thermostat out and all the radiator hoses off. get all of that shit out of your system that you can before it ruins the radiator and all the small coolant passages in the engine.
Well I already warn him not to put those sh!t in,but I guess he just want to find out what that sh!t will do to his motor. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well you leave it in your car over night. 24 hours. Then I flush the cooling system 5 times. Ill flush a couple more times on thursday. And friday or saturday Ill try to install the water pump and maybe new thermostat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know I shouldnt but I had my architecture final which would decide what I would do the rest fo my life. So if I fucked an engine, I fucked it.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top