Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1989 240 with 97,000 miles on it. There is very little rust and it runs pretty good. The ignition is a little shaky(you can pull the key out while the car is running) and the right front support (metal piece that bolts onto the frame I think) is cracked. Is my car worth putting money into or should i buy a newer model with less mileage?

·
Registered
13 Posts
To be honest with you, most of the ones I've done swaps on lately were in worse condition than that it sounds like. The pignose is getting pretty popular from what it seems. If this is the car you want to keep for a while, then spend the time and money on it. If not I can understand wanting to find a newer one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
your ignition thing is ok, from your description the car sounds really good deal, if you want to sell the car i would buy it from you....

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
97,000 miles!?!?!!??!?! out of an 89!?!?!??!?!?!? OMG keep that car!!!!!!!! No better yet give it to me!!!!!

post some pics dude! Nice find. My "new" coupe has 160,000 on it. and thats kinda normal in the south... unless your lucky...

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I am tryin to get one with 123K on it and it runs strong as hell. You better keep that car and put some TLC into it. Tell us your budget dooood! :fluffy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Budget

I'm looking to spend 10,000. I was hoping that it would be around 5,000 to swap an sr20 in. I wanted to spend the remainder on upgrades. I like the look of the pop up lights, so I don't want to do a silvia conversion. I'm now looking for a company that has a history of installing sr20 motors in the seattle area. Any help or tips anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
why sr20... there is more choices of engines out there for 240sx... when im going to get my 240 im gona put ca18det on it... you could put rb20det, rb25det or even rb26dett... do a research man.... but let us know what you decided

·
Registered
189 Posts
well depending on how much your car cost the sr20 swap shouldnt be that much. My engine and swap cost me 3200. Also yes there are other swaps for the 240sx but dont just get something different unless you know about the motor setup and the cost of everything you want to put on it to get to your desired HP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
z31-84 said:
why sr20... there is more choices of engines out there for 240sx... when im going to get my 240 im gona put ca18det on it... you could put rb20det, rb25det or even rb26dett... do a research man.... but let us know what you decided
Sr20 is a good choice though, the aftermarket availability is through the roof, and at 200 some odd horsepower for about 5000 complete swap you cant go wrong. CA18 would be my second choice because i has a little less power, but is like half the cost of a SR. As for RB... unless you want to blow your entire 10000 budget on installing the engine let alone the other upgrades you will need just to keep your car from self destructing would be unrealistic unless you were absololutely serious about keeping it as your
baby. mind you the idea of a skyline engine in a 240 is orgasmic

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
srslider said:
To be honest with you, most of the ones I've done swaps on lately were in worse condition than that it sounds like. The pignose is getting pretty popular from what it seems. If this is the car you want to keep for a while, then spend the time and money on it. If not I can understand wanting to find a newer one.
True, the pignose is fantastic. I think the S13a's don't need ground effects to look great. Mine is dropped 2" on LE 7-spoke rims, and it looks fantastic.
Yeah, that car sounds great. I'd dump the KA24E as soon as possible though. 97k miles is low, but mine crapped out and I pulled it with only 93k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts