Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to buy brakes for my car, and initially bought brakes, but they were not for the SE-R. So I went back to replace them, and the guy asked me if it was American made or a Japan made. I guess there is a difference????? How do I find out???

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
All B13 SE-R's were made in the U.S. In fact, all B13's were, but they make them new down in Mexico, so that sort of changes that rule. For further VIN decoding please visit this website: http://www.courtesyparts.com/specs/vin.html

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
toolapcfan said:
All B13 SE-R's were made in the U.S. In fact, all B13's were,

How does that explain the J in the VIN of my B13, and the listing of it being delivered to the port of Norfolk, VA on the window sticker?

Most B13's were made in the US but a few were made in Japan.

·
Registered
638 Posts
All 4 door B13's from 91-94 were made in Japan. Only the 2 doors were made in the USA. However nissan still makes the B13's brand new in Mexico...

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
sentrapower93 said:
All 4 door B13's from 91-94 were made in Japan. Only the 2 doors were made in the USA. However nissan still makes the B13's brand new in Mexico...
That's not true either. I've owned two 4-door B13's. Both were manufactured in Tennessee.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well who the hell knows, my moms 91 4 door was made in Japan, and every B13 4 door i've seen has a J on the VIN. Go figure, also i read back in the day in car & driver that all 4 doors were made in Japan and the 2 doors were made in the USA. That's the info i based my reply on...

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I've never seen a B13 with a J in front. Check autotrader some time, they always have vin's posted, it's how I sorted through them when looking for my SE-R. I apologize for misinforming. I was always under the impression that they were all made here. Maybe that was just the SE-R's.

·
Registered
115 Posts
toolapcfan said:
All B13 SE-R's were made in the U.S. In fact, all B13's were, but they make them new down in Mexico, so that sort of changes that rule. For further VIN decoding please visit this website: http://www.courtesyparts.com/specs/vin.html

Mexican SE-R's (at least those actually sold in Mexico) don't have the same system of Vin numbers. My 1993 2000 GS-R (MDM SE-R) is different.

·
Registered
185 Posts
All B13 and B14 SE-Rs were made in TN.

The US market GA powered B13s (not sure about B14) were produced in both Japan and TN.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up getting the correct brakes. They initially sold me base model pads. When I took them back, they had 2 different part numbers, one American one Japanese. Bought the American ones, they work fine. I bought them at NAPA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts