Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thanks a lot for the help you've already given me. :cheers:

Here's the deal, my cousin is offering me her AUTO 95 240sx for $3500. I don't plan on doing an SR swap because I live in Cali, and I don't want to worry about inspections. The car has 120K miles on it. I've had a Nissan hardbody and it lasted for 185K miles. Except for speeding, she is very carfull with the car and all maintenance was done at the dealership.

I'm not planning on doing any serious performance driving in this car. I've just always liked how it looks, and liked that it's rear wheel drive. With the market the way it is now for 240sx, I'll probably never buy another one but this one.

Is it worth buying a car with that many miles on it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
E Rock Solid said:
Is it worth buying a car with that many miles on it?
I bought mine with 155,000 miles on it. But I swapped it anyway.

Umm...to answer your question: With that many miles on it, it's probably a good idea to do more than basic maintanence on it. Check the starter, shocks, alternator, gaskets, fluids, etc. Basically anything that moves has potential to go bad with those miles. The motor itself doesnt usually go bad for a long time, but the rear differential on 240's go bad commonly. Starters get old. So, pretty much, just check the whole car out before you get it, and make sure to replace anything sketchy on it. And i'm sure it needs new shocks and suspension bushings. Those will just make it more fun too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.