Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going in reverse to about 20-25mph and then just turning the steering wheel to make a turn, its kinda scary going in reverse and then shaking a little bit, but I really want to try this cause its gotta be cool.

(In a closed area of course)

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
If you're really talented you can go in reverse at about 30 mph, whip the steering wheel around (pedal floored all the time) and slam it in D and you'll be in the oppositie direction violently. That used to be the opening scene from the "Rockford Files"....not that anybody would remember that show from the '70s....

·
Registered
124 Posts
i still love that show, wish they would play it more when i am actually at home. good ol Jimmy Rockford

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
For informational purposes only...

One should to build up speed gradually until they are confident they can handle the car at those speeds. A car in reverse is completely unstable at speeds over 30 mph and can easily get out of control. A large, private, open area with no people is needed for someone who has never done this before. Also, care needs to be taken to ensure the surface is smooth. Concrete, with expansion strips, is not a good surface as a car can roll if the weight transfers the wrong way at the wrong time and a tire hits a rut while sliding.

That may save you from having to come on here saying "uh, then it got all jacked up and I hit a bad patch then I was suddenly upside down, but then I was right side up but shortly after that I was upside down again and stayed that way."

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could I turn over though? Cause going reverse and moving a tiny bit is pretty violent.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
It might depending on how fast your are traveling. The cars used by the police and secret service are crow vics and surbubans. They have a huge wheel base. More stable, and lower center of gravity.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've done something similar...not as fast, but it was fun. :)

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Psch91 said:
Could I turn over though? Cause going reverse and moving a tiny bit is pretty violent.
If you hit a pothole, sure. That maneuvre takes alot of practice and skill. Plus for sure you'll ruin your car (I would think).

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How would I ruin the car going in reverse and making a turn? Im not putting it from reverse to drive once im in the other direction...

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
used to do it all the time on ice.... then you hit a hard snow hill or two and that will teach ya... it did me anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts