Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if it's possible if there's a way to put a Titans alternator in my Altima because I have so many accessories I need the more amperage so I would like to get some questions answered
Thank you

·
Registered
368 Posts
JS Alternators makes high-output units for it (250~390A). Requires a different belt and some wiring alterations. The latter will be needed no matter what sort of upgrade you do, the existing wiring isn't designed for the extra current.

·
Registered
368 Posts
PS - Don't skip out on the wiring. The existing alternator feed runs right through the main bundle of engine wires on top of the engine, and a ton of those smaller wires are grounds. If you melt the insulation, the fusible links won't save it because the ground wires are small gauge. They'll be on fire long before you blow any main links.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
108 Posts
You need to swap out the bridge rectifier and regulator in you stock alternator for a higher amperage part.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You need to swap out the bridge rectifier and regulator in you stock alternator for a higher amperage part.
Changing regulation won't make the alternator output any extra wattage. The maximum power output of an alternator is determined by the characteristics of the rotor and stator windings, not the regulation. Higher power units have more and heavier windings with more turns per winding, producing more current. Changing the regulator to produce higher voltage will likely just cook your CANbus.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Only if you are looking for 400 500 amps the rotor and stator are heavier.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I upgrade my Nissan vg33e 160amp alternator to a 240amp by swapping the bridge rectifier and brush regulator. It work GREAT. The only problem was with slip ring on the rotor brush communicator was to soft and got damage by the two brush, hacking away at the cooper(poor quality). Its always best to use OEM Nissan parts. Aftermarket will cause problem. Plus the aftermarket are all liars.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I upgrade my Nissan vg33e 160amp alternator to a 240amp by swapping the bridge rectifier and brush regulator. It work GREAT. The only problem was with slip ring on the rotor brush communicator was to soft and got damage by the two brush, hacking away at the cooper(poor quality).
It's not poor quality, you're pushing the part past its design limits. Like I said, suit yourself.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Look at what I made. When I was living illegal in the USA for 35 yrs I use to work in a alternator rebuild shop for $25usd per hour.

I am not your normal one. I am RADICAL EXTREMIST with no friends or family. I am still illegal in the USA😂😂😂🇬🇧

·
Registered
108 Posts
You want to be my friend?. I am from a poor shithole country. I am still illegal in NYC. I never pay taxes and always work. I am a loser in your win. I look like 💩 too😂😂😂. all I find is frienemies..why😭

·
Registered
368 Posts
It has nothing to do with who you are or where you come from. It has everything to do with not letting you burn down someone else's car with bad advice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It has nothing to do with who you are or where you come from. It has everything to do with not letting you burn down someone else's car with bad advice.
Cool. You check out the video?. I am also a low class criminal. I steal ideas from my dream and bring it to living dead status. I can make guns and remote explosive device. I can jam camera and radio communication to have fun. I can hack telecommunication trafficking with my illegal ways. I want to make more videos but I am ugly and it hurts the camera.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Someone, purportedly Mark Twain, had an interesting quote about arguments and onlookers. On that grounds, I won't be responding to this conversation again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go take your covid19😱 medication an wear your dusk mask😷. Police state coming for all nice boys and gals.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Police state coming for all nice boys and gals.
Off topic, but we have no disagreement about that. If you came from a country like Venezuela, Nicaragua, or any of the Euro "eastern block" countries, then you probably saw the handwriting on the wall long before most Americans did. You're quite right, a police state is inevitable if things continue in their present direction. :cry:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The police are the criminal. Remember Jesus Christ said the criminals are the boss and crime pays all. Jesus Christ told us the facts of life. Live is eviL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts