Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on my ac in my 1997 4dr Sentra GXE A/T it takes WAY too much power from the engine (more than usual). I was just wondering how I can fix this without spending a lot of money and without removing the ac (I'm from Texas).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
HEY!!! the same thing is happening to me... I mean everyone says its suppose to be like that but I know the diff. between a reg. AC being on and the way mine is feeling and sounding when its on....

Ive been procrastinating taking it in to get checked for FEAR of wut it might cost to fix :eek:

·
Driver
736 Posts
Getting an underdrive pulley reduces the lag the A/C induces when it's turned on. The car won't get as strained when the A/C is on with the pulley.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Depends where you get it. I think there was a group buy for it on this board or on b15sentra.net forums not too long ago. I got mine at Ultra Performance a while back for $187 shipped.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
if your engine is GA16DE then join the Unorthodox Racing Pulley Group buy. You are not alone about the A/C deal. my car does the same thing.. the sound of my exhaust is a lot diff with a/c on than with a/c on. join the GA16DE pulley group buy and hopefully that helps us with that a/c prob

the final price is 168 shipped. check it out on the classified .

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
the lag is from the pulley you are putting on the unorthodox pulley wa made to work with the ac but being that it is smaller then your original pulley so the ratio actually get strained though you are putting on smaller belts and all that it should make a difference.
so what i am saying even though you put the pulley on to gain power it will take it away with the A/C on

·
Driver
736 Posts
addictednissan said:
...so what i am saying even though you put the pulley on to gain power it will take it away with the A/C on
Yeah, but you can get the extra power back if you turn off the A/C...and even though the A/C still takes away power, it's not as much as with the stock pulley.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
yep yep yep ! agreed !

that why im doin this group buy.. help everyone out.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know its a little off topic but since we are talking about pulleys.....i drive a 5 spd and have advanced timing to 15 degrees. i have noticed that when i turn my a/c on my idle drops really fast when shifting into neutral therefore causing the car to stall. has anyone else noticed this? i personally dont like driving the car with the a/c on, but that was before advancing my timing. i know about the power loss. only use it when other people are in the car. now, to stop the car from stalling, when i shift into neutral i tap the throttle to stop it from falling so fast. so again......has anyone else noticed this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts