Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any ga16de owners installed the phantom grip lsd on their tranny. Does it really make a difference? Is it worth all the money? Does it help in 1/4 mile times?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
if you've got enough power to need it. LSD help 1/4 times? on a non-turbo GA16? no.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It helps in situations when one of the drive wheels loses traction. If you have enough power to spin the tires off the line, it will help. If you autocross, it is the next thing to necessary because you can generate enough cornering forces to easily spin the inside wheel on turns. If you live in an area with snow, it will definitely help.

Lew

·
Slashie
394 Posts
lshadoff said:
It helps in situations when one of the drive wheels loses traction. If you have enough power to spin the tires off the line, it will help. If you autocross, it is the next thing to necessary because you can generate enough cornering forces to easily spin the inside wheel on turns. If you live in an area with snow, it will definitely help.

Lew
Amen to that. I hate getting stuck in the snow, where one wheel has traction galore, and the other wheel just hucks snow at you while you try and get it out.

Honestly though, I don't think it would be worth it unless you had a turbo and needed to distribute the power evenly like that.

I remember James putting an LSD in his tranny... if he sees this, was it really hard and expensive?

·
Registered
851 Posts
i would kill for a LSD in my stock b13 E coupe :D.....if that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts