Sorry probably english sarcasm not coming accross....
I'll break it down reaaalllyyy easy for you....What country...The one your residing in right now...erm. The United States of america...you know there is a shoreline and there are other countries residing beyond that shoreline!
What school run car....not aimed directly at you...more of a generalisation that americans tend to enjoy the sweet sound of a Big Block chevy that probably does 4 miles to the gallon just to go get a pint of milk from the shop 20 seconds down the road...
your telling me that i'm going to throw my CEL which is pretty much an false statement as my last exhaust sensor is my lambda in the downpipe of my Header so why would taking a CAT off after that effect that and also bitching about the fact that i'm now going to punch a hole in the ozone layer, erm my choice, i get through my MOT and as far as the government is concerned i'm street legal.
Is the fact that my exhaust is slightly louder than stock going to annoy you because it has the chance it might wake a baby?? This is a performance forum...not a greenpeace one...i don't hug tree's i make my car go quicker and if it means replacing the cat then so be it!
I see the english sarcasm turned into Nationality bashing. nice..
make it easy on me?? all you did was make yourself look like a smartass..
1) Emissions standards in the US are as high or higher than most countries in the world...and California probably has the highest in the world...(clue: see the members location in first question to start thread)
2) You're on a Nissan related web site generated in the US... not many big block chevy drivers here...
there are other countries residing beyond that shoreline
...your stereotype of the average american is insulting.
4) Since the original question was asked by a member in the US wouldn't the answer about throwing a CEL be relevant to his vehicle emissions as opposed to yours? We have things like emissions testing, if it's throwing a CEL he can't get it registered.... is that worth 1 hp?
5) Telling him he won't throw a CEL is what is false.. He has two 02 (lambda) sensors in his ehxuast system, not 1.. one on the exhaust manifold / closed coupled cat and one after the cat in the center of the exhaust system..
6) if 1 hp makes you feel faster than great.
and you imply americans are "Old School Chevy drivers with low gas milage" that's a bit contradictory seeing you're the one pulling your cat off when todays catalytic convertors are much more free flowing than "Old School" cats or other high performance options available like Random Tech cats,.. seems you're the one living in the past.
7) where did I say anything about noise?
why the chip on your shoulder?