Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I've had a Hot Shot CAI on my car since last january and at first when I put it on it was awesome then over time my acceleration seemed to weaken, well I had cleaned my filter that came in the kit often and kept everything up to par and about 2 weeks ago, I decided to clean the filter again, it was horribly dirty, so I took it to the local car wash and cleaned it out and let it dry, I didn't have time to put it back on in the CAI position (17 inch wheels make it awkward because I had to jack the car up, take the wheel off, and then take off the wheel well cover and then get to the filter) so I just placed the filter in the engine bay and tightened up the flter, so now its a WAI..... But something tells me if I put it back on in the CAI position I wont have the throttle response like I have now. Seems ironic because I thought CAI was supposed to be better than the WAI. any ideas???

·
Registered
97 Posts
cai generally is better than wai because of the dense charge of cold air. but that depends on the weather as well... your engine bay will normally be much hotter than the outside temperature. so in warmer climates theres not that much notable differance with a cai installed. but a wai has a much shorter piping on it so when you floor it and the engine gasps for air it is right there to be burned. sort of like with shorter and less restricted exhaust easier flow, same theory anyhow. but with a wai there is or seems to be better accelleration, cai realy shines on top end when your really not gasping for air but a continuous flow of cold air at speed, hints seems to pull to higher rpms, but not as (NOTICABLY) responsive do to the longer more restrictive pipe. either way is much much better than stock though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts