Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Pulsar 1.6Lsedan auto purchased in Australia - year of build 2000.
At cold start, the car struggles to get going and after a few hundred metres starts to come to life.
Once up to temperature and travelling under load i.e. 80km/h or above, it intermittently loses power for 5 or 6 seconds (jerks a little but significant power loss) then back to normal.
This behaviour repeats every 1 or 2km's then disappears.
Sometimes it behaves this way from standing start which can be frustrating when you dont have power when you need it.
Coils packs are fine, throttle position sensor has been replaced, injectors have been cleaned & tested and no fault codes in the engine management computer? (2 x auto electricians have verified this)
Running out of ideas other than spending heaps of money replacing parts one by one.
I would be grateful for any ideas as this driving me crazy and expensive with no outcome to date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also am having a very similar problem.
My car is a 2001 Pulsar, with the 1.6l engine.
Issue is exactly as you previous has discribed.
Have had one auto electrian look at it, am awaiting confirmation on coil packs and leads being ok.
Any advise or help point in the direction for a solution would be tops!
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nissan 1.6L engine

I eventually found this problem to be the air flow sensor.
Trial & error eventually tracked down the problem where fortunately, we were able to borrow a second hand unit to prove the problem otherwise the cost of a new unit was going to be $900+ aus.
I suggest the same approach as there are no guarantee's that this will be the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts