Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I am really hoping someone can help big time! I have a 91 Sentra auto. It is my first car, so I love it naturally. Lately when I go to start the car the fuel pump doesn't seem to come on, cause when it starts you can heard the pump come on. Usually I can do a few things that get it working, sometimes nothing can get it going so twice now I have had it towed to a shop, and when it arrives it works fine for them, there are no codes they can find, nothing. This is getting very frustrating. Things we have tried is replaced the fuel pump fuse even though it seemed fine, tried a new fuel pump relay and no change. It is seeming kind of hopeless. If someone has had something like this I would appreciate some thoughts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I called the shop today to see how it was coming, they said the voltage was good, but someone said there's a control box for the fual pump or something behind the seat and he said he might check that out, cause I guess other than that there's nothing they can do till it decides not to work for them. Thanks for the help btw:).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the mechanics got it to not start, and they hit the gas tank then it would start so I guess it was the fuel pump after all :). The only thing every pump they have ordered so far doesn't fit...So they might have to get a pump from the Nissan dealership....YIKES! But if that fixes it, I don't care.

·
Registered
92 Posts
let me know i can go to the nearest pull a part and rip one out for ya i jus had to replace mine got it out of a sentra with 101,000 miles and it works fine.. only 15 bucks.. like i said let me know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts